Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scam warning (Sweden) - www.psxcare.com

Posted by jwalk 
Scam warning (Sweden) - www.psxcare.com
November 23, 2009 12:38AM
(I would like to start off by saying I wasn't certain of where this topic should go.)

I'm not really sure what the Hackmii team do about scams; companies who sell their free software, either alone or as part of a bundle. I do know there is a homepage dedicated to fighting scams, however, I think there should be a more efficient way for the homebrew community to fight it.

I just stumbled upon the website of a rather well known and respected "game console modification store" in Stockholm, Sweden, which sells Wii either with a mod-chip and/or with the Homebrew Channel pre-installed (and other apps as well).

They sell "Homebrew Channel and BootMii installation" for 300 SEK.

I just felt like sharing and warning, thinking "what a total rip off". Maybe there should be a black list for this of some sort.
Re: Scam warning (Sweden) - www.psxcare.com
November 23, 2009 02:28AM
They can't blacklist it, but it's good to hear that this is being exposed. Try and get the word out, and tell people to do it themselves.

Also, the next time the HBC bugs them about updates, or if they ever go here, which they might, they will learn it is a scam.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 02:30AM by WikiFSX.
December 24, 2009 03:21PM
I am sorry you feel our service to our customers is a scam.

We always inform our customers that there are guides available on the internet and that they can do it themselves.

But there is a lot of people out there that prefer to pay someone to help them with even the easiest stuff. Such as car owners paying a mechanic to do basic stuff like changing oil, a spark plug or even fill up the window washer fluid...back in the days people even got help filling up at the petrol station...

We always try to give back to the developer communities and over the years we have donated hardware such as psp and other consoles, gps adapters, flash cards, gecko adapters, playstation 1 gamesharks (yes we have been around 10 years or so) to developers needing hardware to test their apps.

If any developer whose application we offer to our customers need help, please contact us via the email adress on our website and ask what we can offer.

Best regards

Hansi Blomberg
www.psxcare.com
December 24, 2009 08:28PM
I don't think there needs to be "pre-installation" services done for Homebrew Channel installations. If you can't install it yourself then you shouldn't be using homebrew at all. (Someone got stuck on getting homebrew to his Wii because he couldn't extract the .zip file and somehow got the idea it cost money, just to extract the contests of a zip file)

Those "newbies" also often care just about backup loaders and crap like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 08:31PM by Matoking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login