Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few questions

Posted by travisg222 
A few questions
November 26, 2009 06:11AM
Ok i started modding my wii about 2 years ago i dont understand a lot of things i mostly just follow youtube videos but i have a few questions and some troublshooting too

1. (troubleshooting question)
When i try to open up a wad manager or a back up loader my screen goes black and stays that way almost every other app or channel works but thoes.

How would i fix this?

2.what are ios's and stuff like that because i think they help a lot of troublshooting. because im trying to get the stuff from question 1 to work.

3.What does wad stand for?(just curious)

4.How much gigabytes does the wii system memory have

Thats all sorry for the bad spelling
Re: A few questions
November 26, 2009 06:42AM
November 26, 2009 07:51AM
travisg222
Ok i started modding my wii about 2 years ago i dont understand a lot of things i mostly just follow youtube videos but i have a few questions and some troublshooting too
YouTube videos are not always the best thing to follow..

travisg222
1. (troubleshooting question)
When i try to open up a wad manager or a back up loader my screen goes black and stays that way almost every other app or channel works but thoes.
WAD manager and backup loader are both not supported here because their main use is piracy (most people who use them download games off the internet without paying for them) which is illegal. And the reason they don't work is because Nintendo blocked it.

travisg222
2.what are ios's and stuff like that because i think they help a lot of troublshooting. because im trying to get the stuff from question 1 to work.
IOSs are like the Wii's "operating system". They are what the Wii uses to run software.

travisg222
3.What does wad stand for?(just curious)
It doesn't stand for anything, it is just a file type, like a .zip file.

travisg222
4.How much gigabytes does the wii system memory have
It's got about half a gigabyte

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 07:54AM by bg4545.
November 26, 2009 02:53PM
bg4545
And the reason they don't work is because Nintendo blocked it.

This is actually wrong. They have trouble working with newer IOS versions, and that's why they don't work. The IOS versions were not updated to block those, they were updated so that they would work on the newer, cheaper-to-build version of the Wii hardware that Wiis released around the time of the "LU64" panic used. The blocking of these channels was a side affect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 02:58PM by WikiFSX.
November 26, 2009 09:53PM
He never said those were channels; the reason they don't work is because they try to load a stubbed IOS249
November 27, 2009 03:22AM
Oh. Yeah, Nintendo did block them, then. For some reason, I just thought "channels".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 03:22AM by WikiFSX.
November 27, 2009 04:24AM
oh sorry ok maybe im not not using the wad manager for piracy maybe for looks so then how would i get some of myother channels to work bye the way it worked fine until my sister kicked me off to play wi fit and find aout she's still obese lol

oh and the other question thank you for awnsering them

Thanks bg4545

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 04:27AM by travisg222.
November 28, 2009 04:42AM
All my questions ae anwsered
I fixed question #1!
I just downgrated some of my iso's and im still running 4.2

That's all for this topic all my questions are awnsered thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login