Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Shop Channel - update required

Posted by Max_Filas 
Wii Shop Channel - update required
November 26, 2009 06:38PM
Hi

When I try to access the shop channel in the Wii, it pops up a message that says that I have to update my system. As I want to instal the homebrew channel, and other stuff, I´m not interested in update the system (I have the 3.3 version), but I would like to access the shop channel anyway.

Is there any way to access this chanel whithout update the wii, directily from the internet?

Thanks
Re: Wii Shop Channel - update required
November 26, 2009 06:41PM
Use Dop-IOS MOD to update IOS 61 and the Shop Channel.
November 26, 2009 07:43PM
Hi

If I understand right, I have to instal first the Homebrew channel, with the Twilight Hack (this is the method that i will use), and then instal the DOP-IOS MOD, with the Homebrew channel, right?

The link you give has the DOP-IOS MOD_v6 avaiable for download, but seem that the "Changelog" refers the v8 as the most recent version. Should I instal the v6, or try to get the v8?

During the instalation, i must choose to update to the IOS 61, right?

After finish the instalation, the other stuff (Homebrew Channel, Backup Channel, cIOS instaler, wadmanager, apps) that i have instaled will still work fine? And after instaled the DOP-IOS MOD, my system version will be 3.3?

Thanks
November 26, 2009 07:49PM
Yes install the HBC with the hackmii installer here. Put it on the root of your SD card, name it boot.dol and run the Twilight Hack. It will ask you if you want to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDx or Bootmii. I advise installing all three with Bootmii boot 2 if possible.

We do not support the use of backups so please do not talk about them here. We generally frown upon cIOS's and WADs as well.

Use Dop-IOS MOD v8 as it can install channels. v6 can not. v8 is here

If you just install IOS 61 and the shop channel, you will still be on System Menu 3.3 and everything should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login