Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLEASE Help with bootmii menu.

Posted by Jeffrwii 
PLEASE Help with bootmii menu.
December 05, 2009 03:28AM
I have been trying to post this question in the bootmii section of the forum for a couple of days now but it does not show up, so I will try it here. My system is hard-modded with a wiinja deluxe with update 4. I am running 4.2u firmware. I have succesfully loaded bootmii (boot 2), DVDX, and the homebrew channel. When I turn my system on the bootmii menu will flash for 1/2 second. I installed the bootmii configurator and set the menu delay to 10 seconds (default is 5) and it will still only flash for 1/2 second. I have tried this with 7 different SD cards... all giving me the same result. Without having enough time to access the menu I can not back up my NAND or go any farther in soft-modding this system.. Please let me know if you have any advice to helpe resolve this. Thank you in advace for any help you may offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 03:59AM by Jeffrwii.
Re: PLEASE Help with bootmii menu.
December 05, 2009 03:32AM
Backups aren't supported here. Please read the rules.
December 05, 2009 03:45AM
Ok, I am not trying to pirate or steal any software, nor am I asking anyone how to. I have read the rules and I do not feel that I am breaking any of them, I sincerely apologize if anyone has been offended by my post. I am simply just trying to get this software working properly... From what I have read, that seems to be everyones intent within these forums.
December 05, 2009 03:55AM
Its okay. :)
I would still suggest editing out the backups part, because the rules are pretty strict here.

Jeffrwii
I installed the bootmii configurator and set the menu delay to 10 seconds (default is 5) and it will still only flash for 1/2 second.
Couldn't you just turn off the autoboot function?
December 05, 2009 04:02AM
If I turn off the autoboot function, then the bootmii will not load at all, correct? My problem is that I want to access the menu.
December 05, 2009 04:07AM
No, bootmii will still load, as long as your SD card is inserted. The autoboot is for either the HBC or the System menu. Turn it off, and it should stay on the bootmii screen.
December 05, 2009 04:45AM
Well, I turned off autoboot and it still does the same thing... Bootmii flashes for 1/2 second and then it goes to Nintendo's health and safety press A to continue screen
December 05, 2009 04:48AM
Just to make sure:

You're saying that you see this screen for half a second?
December 05, 2009 04:48AM
That is quite odd then.... Perhaps a re-install will help? Or maybe your SD card just isn't supported.
December 05, 2009 04:58AM
Yes, that is the screen that I see and I have tried 7 different SD cards. I am not sure, but I don't think I could see the menu at all if the SD card was not supported. The following is a short video I shot with my phone to show you how it starts up.

[www.youtube.com]
December 05, 2009 05:02AM
Make sure your SD card is compatible:
[wiibrew.org]
December 05, 2009 05:18AM
It appears that my card is supported, perhaps tomorrow I will try another one though. Do you have a card type/manufacturer that you would recommend I buy?
December 05, 2009 05:55AM
I use sandisk; that brand has never failed me. :)

Edit: Wait, before you buy another SD card:

Bootmii wouldn't even appear if the SD card wasn't supported....So I don't think that is your problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 05:59AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 05, 2009 06:09AM
Right, that's what I was saying earlier. Bootmii is loading from my SD card but for some reason it is kicking me out of the menu after 1/2 second... Also, I am currently using a Sandisk 2gb card.
December 05, 2009 06:09AM
Would you mind loading bootmii configuration editor and tell me what settings you have enabled?
December 05, 2009 06:15AM
Sure, here is how the editor is set up...

Video..........NTSC
Autoboot....Off
Boot Delay..10

Thank you for offering your time to help by the way.
December 05, 2009 06:22AM
Can you change the boot delay to "Never?" I don't know, because I don't use BCE...
December 05, 2009 06:26AM
No, I can only change it to anywhere from 0 - 10 seconds (I tried them all).
December 05, 2009 09:32AM
try editing the ini file manually, perphaps BCE has a bug. (although i've never heard any complaints before)
December 05, 2009 09:37AM
EDIT: Sorry for double post, stupid psp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 05:35PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login