Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question regarding an update

Posted by RazorChrist 
Question regarding an update
December 29, 2009 02:17AM
Hey guys, I just got Wii Sports Resort and it's asking to update. Right now, I'm on 3.3u, but after looking around, I think Sports Resort has an update for system menu 3.8 on it. Is this correct. Also, would updating using the disc brick me or disable homebrew?
Re: Question regarding an update
December 29, 2009 02:30AM
RazorChrist
Hey guys, I just got Wii Sports Resort and it's asking to update. Right now, I'm on 3.3u, but after looking around, I think Sports Resort has an update for system menu 3.8 on it. Is this correct. Also, would updating using the disc brick me or disable homebrew?

It really doesn't matter what version it has, every system menu works with homebrew at the moment.
So, it is safe to update now!
December 29, 2009 02:46AM
What I meant by homebrew was HBC, not homebrew applications. I know applications will work, but I remember something about a certain version of system menu that disabled or removed HBC from the channels...might have been 4.2 and up tho, can't remember. Just don't want to lose homebrew loading, since I'm a coder.
December 29, 2009 02:50AM
First, there's no such thing as 3.8 second, as long as you have the latest version of HBC then everything will be fine.
December 29, 2009 03:15AM
Crisco
First, there's no such thing as 3.8 second, as long as you have the latest version of HBC then everything will be fine.
Yeah I thought it looked weird (can't say much else about that here). Anyway, yeah my HBC is 1.0.6.
December 29, 2009 03:18AM
then it's all safe to update.
December 29, 2009 07:44AM
Okay thanks for the info. One last question. Is the update on Sports Resort required in order for WiiMotion Plus to work, or is it just SysMenu/IOS updates?
December 29, 2009 04:45PM
It's just system menu and IOS updates. If you use Gecko to start it, you can figure out which IOS you actually need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login