Questions. I am a huge newbie.
January 05, 2010 01:00AM
Hello I'm beeks10

I have a little more questions

1) how do people brick there wiis.

2) what do i use for update 4.2u

3) what is the U is 4.2u

4) do i use HackMii Installer v0.6 for update 4.2u

and what are on homebrew. like why do people get it, whats so great?
Re: Questions. I am a huge newbie.
January 05, 2010 01:05AM
You could've just put these in your original topic. Arikado, you should probably just merge this....

1.) There are a lot of ways to brick your wii. See this page for more info.
2.) You navigate to your wii settings and select "Update Wii System."
3.) The "U" means your wii was made in the US.
4.) Yes.

beeks10
and what are on homebrew. like why do people get it, whats so great?
Here's a list of some homebrew apps:
[wiibrew.org]

My favorite ones would probably be Gecko OS, MPlayer CE, Wiiero, and Super Mario War.

From a users perspective, homebrew can just be something fun. Some users like to just play homebrew games, some like to play region free games through the use of Gecko OS....There are a lot of "great" things about homebrew.

From a developer's/hacker's perspective, creating homebrew can be a good learning experience.

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 08:54AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 05, 2010 08:41AM
beeks10

1) how do people brick there wiis.

2) what do i use for update 4.2u

3) what is the U is 4.2u

4) do i use HackMii Installer v0.6 for update 4.2u

1. Without homebrew, you can brick a Wii if you lose/turn off power during the update, or try updating in a different region (bring a US Wii to the UK, or update through an import game)

With homebrew, you can brick it by altering the NAND or WAD. I'm keeping safe by just installing the Homebrew Channel and playing homebrew from that.

2. Either update through the internet on your Wii or (faster) update through a recent game (best one I heard is New Super Mario Bros Wii).

3. USA. There's U (USA), E (England), K (Korea), J (Japan), and I think A (Australia).

4. If you use the HackMii Installer before updating, the update will either remove it or (in some rare case) brick the system. It's best to run it AFTER the update, or don't update at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 08:42AM by Mestizo.
January 05, 2010 08:57AM
Mestizo
4. If you use the HackMii Installer before updating, the update will either remove it or (in some rare case) brick the system. It's best to run it AFTER the update, or don't update at all.

Brick your wii simply by running the hackmii installer? I've never heard of that before.... Might you have a source?
January 05, 2010 09:17AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Mestizo
Brick your wii simply by running the hackmii installer? I've never heard of that before.... Might you have a source?
Brick from the update, not HackMii Installer.

But anyways, the update won't remove anything but BootMii as Boot2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 09:18AM by bg4545.
January 05, 2010 09:22AM
bg4545
WaxyPumpkin72
Mestizo
Brick from the update, not HackMii Installer.

But anyways, the update won't remove anything but BootMii as Boot2

Yeah, and you can just re- install it anyway, can't you? XD
January 05, 2010 08:39PM
Mestizo

Bricking in the update has NOTHING to do with whether HackMii Installer has been used prior to update or not. It does not increase the risk AT ALL. There is the exact same chance of a brick on an unmodified system as on a modified system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login