Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Legend Of Noob and The New Super Mario Brothers Update.

Posted by itsthedevil 
The Legend Of Noob and The New Super Mario Brothers Update.
January 10, 2010 07:02PM
So anyway, I got the New Mario and when I put it on, I needed to install the update. Me being a dosey sod, I did so. When I returned to the menu page, low and behold, my Homebrew Channel was gone. Anyone any ideas if it is safe to install the Homebrew Channel again or do I face bricking my Wii? Many many thanks in advance.
S.
Re: The Legend Of Noob and The New Super Mario Brothers Update.
January 10, 2010 07:19PM
Did you have 4.1 or lower? It updated the System Menu, eliminating the Homebrew Channel. Just run Bannerbomb v2, and you should have the HBC back.
January 10, 2010 07:24PM
Its perfectly safe to install HBC again, but I don't see why it was deleted by the update. NSMB has 4.1 on it, which doesn't delete HBC. 4.2 (latest System Menu) is the first System Menu to delete HBC. Sure you didn't do a WiFi update?
January 10, 2010 09:29PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't. So what do I do now? Get Bannerbomb v2? My plan next is to get the USB loader channel, is that a case of downloading a USB loader channel and installing it once I have the homebrew channel?
Many thanks,
S.
January 10, 2010 10:19PM
itsthedevil
I'm pretty sure I didn't. So what do I do now? Get Bannerbomb v2? My plan next is to get the USB loader channel, is that a case of downloading a USB loader channel and installing it once I have the homebrew channel?
Many thanks,
S.
Backups aren't supported here. Creative topic Name BTW.
January 10, 2010 10:27PM
Yes, I was rather pleased with it myself! I think it should be a must to keep them interesting.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.