Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Region code and Bannerbomb/HackMii

Posted by WalangAlam 
Region code and Bannerbomb/HackMii
January 23, 2010 03:19PM
Will I be able to activate bannerbomb and use HackMii in any region of wii?
Re: Region code and Bannerbomb/HackMii
January 23, 2010 04:33PM
January 23, 2010 05:23PM
No. HackMii Installer does not work on Korean Wiis afaik. It works for USA, Japanese and PAL Wiis though, and if you change the region to one of those it will work on a Korean Wii, but updating to 4.2 on a region changed Korean Wii will result in an Error 003 "brick".
January 23, 2010 10:55PM
SifJar
No. HackMii Installer does not work on Korean Wiis afaik. It works for USA, Japanese and PAL Wiis though, and if you change the region to one of those it will work on a Korean Wii, but updating to 4.2 on a region changed Korean Wii will result in an Error 003 "brick".

so what can i use on Korean wii to install homebrews?
January 23, 2010 11:04PM
WalangAlam
SifJar

You could try Indiana pwns....I'm not really sure if that would work, though. What is your system menu version?
January 23, 2010 11:15PM
WaxyPumpkin72
WalangAlam
SifJar

You could try Indiana pwns....I'm not really sure if that would work, though. What is your system menu version?

My understanding is that bannerbomb works fine, its HackMii Installer that does not work. Indiana Pwns won't help. You can run homebrew I think via bannerbomb or Indiana Pwns, having LoadMii as the boot.dol on your SD would probably be the best option in that case.
January 23, 2010 11:19PM
SifJar
WaxyPumpkin72
WalangAlam
SifJar

My understanding is that bannerbomb works fine, its HackMii Installer that does not work. Indiana Pwns won't help..
Oh, okay.
January 23, 2010 11:42PM
I never quite understood why the HackMii Installer didn't work, actually. Could someone explain it?
January 24, 2010 12:00AM
Something to do with the IOSes found on Korean Wiis?
January 24, 2010 12:07AM
Yeah I think thats it. AFAIK, Twiizers don't have a Korean Wii, so couldn't debug HackMii Installer and figure out which IOS worked and stuff, so support for Korean Wiis isn't in HackMii Installer. You may be able to use HBC Installer beta 9 or whatever the last one was if you can find it somewhere.
January 24, 2010 12:51AM
If it's just an IOS issue, you could use Dop-IOS Mod to trucha patch IOS 36. Then run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 36 and install IOS 30 version 1040. Or if your wii is newer, you may need to install a newer IOS, such as the latest version of IOS 34. After doing that, the Hackmii Installer may work.
January 24, 2010 04:45AM
All Wiis have the same IOSes, though, besides ones that 3.3K and 3.5K used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 04:45AM by WikiFSX.
January 24, 2010 05:17AM
jbc007
If it's just an IOS issue, you could use Dop-IOS Mod to trucha patch IOS 36. Then run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 36 and install IOS 30 version 1040. Or if your wii is newer, you may need to install a newer IOS, such as the latest version of IOS 34. After doing that, the Hackmii Installer may work.
Yes I'm pretty sure that would work; But searching the forums I found this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 05:35AM by bg4545.
January 24, 2010 01:20PM
I still wonder why that happens. It may have something to do with the Korean common key...
January 24, 2010 02:04PM
My guess is Team Twiizers purposefully stopped it working on a Korean Wii, because they don't have one to test on and don't want to release something dangerous/buggy. Of course, I have no idea if this is in fact true, for all I know they could have a Korean Wii.
January 24, 2010 05:59PM
Bushing has a Korean wii. He mentioned it a few times on HackMii.

Anyway, based on this, it is possible to install the Homebrew Channel on a Korean wii after installing the appropriate IOSes. I doubt that the region change is necessary; however, you can region change it if you want. Still, it is better not to since if you update a region changed Korean wii, it will brick with a 003 error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 06:17PM by jbc007.
January 24, 2010 06:19PM
Well there goes my theory then. I dunno why there isn't support for Korean Wiis in HackMii Installer then.
January 24, 2010 11:12PM
Maybe it only worked because the Wii was changed to 3.2U?
January 26, 2010 03:03AM
The System Menu shouldn't matter at all. The HackMii Installer neither depends on nor cares about it.
January 26, 2010 01:17PM
my friend was selling to me his korean wii that's why i asked about korean wii. Besides korean wii, what other models that hackmii doesn't support?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login