Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware 3.7e mystery - Does it exist ???

Posted by w00k3 
Firmware 3.7e mystery - Does it exist ???
February 09, 2010 08:27AM
I have a new Wii, which I got for Christmas 2009 :)

I'm new to the Homebrew game on Wii, though have plenty of experience of HB on my PSP.

I have a few questions to get me started:

1. I think I'm running firmware 3.7e, though this doesn't seem to exist according to other threads. Can anyone confirm exactly where I need to look to ascertain my firmware version ?

2. If I have got this firmware version, which installers/loaders do I need to use to get Homebrew working ?? I've looked at the fw4.2 thread and it seems simple enough.

Thanks,

Wookie (wii n00b) ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 09:23AM by w00k3.
Re: Firmware 3.7e mystery - Does it exist ???
February 09, 2010 12:45PM
1. 3.7E?

That does not exist. To check your firmware version, go to the main menu, select the Wii icon in the lower left corner, and pick Settings. "Ver. x.xE" (if you have a non-changed European Wii) will be shown.

2. Use Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack if you own LEGO Indiana Jones or SSBB. If you don't own either, or don't feel like using either, use bannerbomb v2. Use one of those exploits to launch the latest HackMii Installer.
February 09, 2010 08:07PM
Smash Stack wont work on a PAL (European) console. Its only for the USA copy of Brawl, which only works on USA Wiis, unless you are already running homebrew, in which case it is pointless to use Smash Stack. i.e. you need to use Indiana Pwns or bannerbomb. Bannerbomb doesn't require a game, so its probably the best one to go for unless you happen to own Lego Indiana Jones.
February 12, 2010 12:49AM
Thanks for info!

Right I think I've established that my Wii is on 3.4e. If tried version combos of Bannerbomb v1 and v2 with the HackInstaller boot elf or .dol (I've tried both extensions) on the root of the SD card.

Still no joy!!!!!

I've reformatted the card FAT32, to no further joy.

Any help can offer most grateful.

Ta W
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login