Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I just don't get it?

Posted by betty02 
I just don't get it?
February 18, 2010 02:28PM
I just dont get it? i have downloaded all the right files etc and have gone through the set-ups, do i have to keep the SD card in the machines or can it be remvoed and still do the things i want?

As for installed mroe applications do i use a new SD card with an apps folder or the original one with my boot.elf files etc in?
Re: I just don't get it?
February 18, 2010 05:25PM
I really don't understand you, sorry.

Please tell me exactly what you have done so far in putting homebrew on your Wii and what you are unsure about.
February 18, 2010 08:39PM
you need the sd card in there to do MOST things homebrew.

It doesn't have to be the same SD card you used to install all your stuff, but it can be.

Beyond that, we need more info to help.

Did you get the Homebrew channel installed or are you stuck at that part?
Do you see bubbles?
February 19, 2010 01:45AM
All apps are stored on the SD card or on USB memory. The Homebrew Channel itself is installed into the Wii's internal memory.
February 20, 2010 12:08PM
Hi guys, sorry about the lack of info.

Ok i downloaded the banberbomd boot file, but it on the root of the SD card and copied over the private folder, put it in my wii and installed the homebrew channel. I get the bubbles. I installed it as the tutorial said i installed bootmii as boot2 but when i load that it is just highlighed on the Wii block and my remote wont seam to be able to press left or right to move to homebrew etc s if i exit that i got to my normal menu and i see the hombrew channel, i then click this and network initalizes and i see MPlayer (on the apps folder of my card) i then can load this but cannot play normal DVD's it just crashed?

I downloaded Just Dance iso last night and patched it, burnt it to a DVD put it in the drive and now how would i play this? The normal disc channel doesn't recognize it and i cannot see anything on the home brew channel?

Please help guys, hopefully i have just missed installing something?

Thanks
February 20, 2010 06:03PM
1)The Wiimote does NOT work on the BootMii boot2 menu. This is a fact. You should've been aware of this before installing it. Use a gamecube controller or the power and reset buttons on the front of the Wii to navigate the bootmii boot2 menu.

2)You must use MPlayer CE to play your DVDs. MPlayer is horribly outdated and does not work with the latest DVDX.

3)Downloading and burning ISOs is illegal and not supported here. If you bring it up again, I get to ban you :)
February 21, 2010 12:20AM

If you bring it up again,

wow you must be in a good mood!
February 21, 2010 12:43AM
mdbrim
Arikado
If you bring it up again, I get to ban you :-)

wow you must be in a good mood!
Always ;-P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login