Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stupid question here...

Posted by freegame36 
stupid question here...
March 09, 2010 03:08PM
i searched and found nothing so I am guessing there is no apps for changing/adding music upon system startup....the music on the wii startup drives me crazy...So my ? is, is there a application that will allow me to add music on wii startup? if so, please direct me to what it is....
Re: stupid question here...
March 09, 2010 03:23PM
Crazy Intro may be what you want. You must install Priiloader before you can use it.
March 09, 2010 03:36PM
can preloader be installed on modified ios's?
March 09, 2010 06:52PM
Install Priiloader, not Preloader. The Priiloader installer needs the trucha bug in IOS 36 or a cIOS 249. Obviously cIOS is a patched IOS, but you probably don't want to install it if you don't already have it. IOS 36 only needs to be patched if you have a newer version of it.
March 10, 2010 12:50AM
i'm almost for sure the trucha bug is installed in ios36....how can i be certain of this before i continue?
March 10, 2010 01:15AM
You could run Sign Check to check whick IOSes have the trucha bug, but it would be easier to just try to install Priiloader. If it works, you're done. If not, you need to patch IOS 36.
March 10, 2010 01:36AM
if it doesnt work, can i just simply quit and delete priiloader from the root of my sd card?
March 10, 2010 02:12AM
I don't quite understand your question. Why would you have Priiloader on the root of your SD card? I highly recommend that you do some more research about Priiloader. It won't brick your wii under any normal circumstances, but it is still a bad idea to install it until you are entirely familiar with what it does.

If you receive an error because IOS 36 doesn't have the trucha bug, you will have to exit the installer. In that case, Priiloader will not be installed and your wii will not be modified.
March 10, 2010 07:36AM
ok. lets back up a minute. My wii is already modded with the latest home brew channel and apps. I was simply wanting to add a custome startup screen which i will need to install priiloader and carzyintro to do so. when i dowload priiloader apps i need to install it in my apps folder of sd card card correct? then I start wii and go to homebrew channel and open priiloader......this will allow me to install priiloader and hopefully it will insatll. if it does not insatll, i was asking if i can simply just delete it from my apps folder in sd card....What are the chances of this bricking my wii or wiping out my homebrew channel and applications/?
March 10, 2010 02:56PM

ok. lets back up a minute. My wii is already modded with the latest home brew channel and apps. I was simply wanting to add a custome startup screen which i will need to install priiloader and carzyintro to do so. when i dowload priiloader apps i need to install it in my apps folder of sd card card correct? then I start wii and go to homebrew channel and open priiloader......this will allow me to install priiloader and hopefully it will insatll.

Correct.

i was asking if i can simply just delete it from my apps folder in sd card....What are the chances of this bricking my wii or wiping out my homebrew channel and applications/?

from the priiloader wiki page:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader
Warning!
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

So no, it isn't as simple as deleting the folder from your sd card to remove.

I'm assuming you read the wiki and the priiloader homepage, you just don't know what it all means. The wiki and homepage tell you everything you need to know about priiloader and how it installs. if you don't know what some of the stuff means, let us know and we can help you so you'll understand the dif between apps on your sd card and apps that make permanent NAND changes, because folks that don't know that distinction, usually end up posting in the fixmii forum...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 02:59PM by mdbrim.
March 12, 2010 02:42PM
thanks....but its done and installed...works great..thanks for all your help...this took a little more research then expected....but its all done...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login