Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew browser error: This is not a valid Wii application

Posted by Newbii 
Homebrew browser error: This is not a valid Wii application
April 28, 2010 06:02AM
I am very new to this. I got the Homebrew channel loaded onto my Wii and I downloaded the homebrew browser onto a 16 gig SD card and unzipped the homebrew channel into the /apps folder that I created. I opened up the Homebrew channel and changed the settings to read from the SD card and when I did the Homebrew broswer icon became visible. I clicked on it and a screen pops up that says Homebrew Browser ver. 0.3.8 and gives an overview of the application and it then says delete, Load, Back and I press load. A red status bar pops up for a fraction of a second and then a white dialog box opens that says 'This is not a valid Wii application'

Does anyone know what I have done wrong or know what I can do to fix it? I would really like to check it out to try out all the applications available. The Homebrew channel is the first thing I have loaded onto the SD card and this is as far as I have been able to get which isn't very far.

Sorry for the newbie question and I hope this hasn't been covered anywhere but I didn't see anything that looked like it would help with this problem. Thanks for any help that can be provided! I also don't think I violated any of the issues in red that I certified this post is not about but I don't know the meaning of all the acronyms. Thanks again!!!
Re: Homebrew browser error: This is not a valid Wii application
April 28, 2010 06:14AM
Ok I made some slight progress. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. This time when I clicked on the Homebrew browser icon it seemed to work and a black screen with white writing came up. It said a new version was available and to download press 'a' and to skip press 'b' so I skipped it. It then said it was downloading the current image (I think?) and white dots appeared to show progress. Another black screen came up that says 'Exception (DSI) occured! with a couple rows and columns of code and the says 'stack dump' with a row of code and the 'code dump' with more rows and columns of code. It is now stuck here and not doing anything. So I have progressed to my second problem. Any help would be great! Thanks!!!
April 28, 2010 06:25AM
Ok

Well I guess I jumped the gun. I did everything over again and tried updating and it didn't work the first time. I did it again and it updated the homebrew browser and worked and now everything seems to be working. Guess I should have played with it a lot more before posting. Sorry for taking up server space with this :)
May 03, 2010 01:35AM
cant belive no one wants to help you. i can't help you right now, but the most i can tell you at the moment is that i think only 2 gig and less sd cards work on the wii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 01:48AM by Calvo.
May 03, 2010 06:50AM
Calvo
cant belive no one wants to help you. i can't help you right now, but the most i can tell you at the moment is that i think only 2 gig and less sd cards work on the wii

No, I use a 4 gig SDHC card, but I'm on 4.2 which has SDHC support
May 03, 2010 12:41PM
Have you tried redownloading? I know it seems obvious, but it could help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login