Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!!!

Posted by Mikolynx 
Help!!!
May 20, 2010 10:35AM
I went ahead and bannerbombed my wii (firmware 4.2)...got HBC and DVDx installed no problem...It would only let me intall Bootmii as IOS... I did that...I also couldn't install on Boot2 had to be Boot1. Anyway. I get HBC to show up fine...I see the bubbles...I try to install some apps from my SDC card (which I used to do all the installs so I know it works)...I can't get any of the apps I have on the SDC to load in HBC... any ideas...I can't pop bubbles all day on the start screen. I'm trying to install HBB...so I can browse apps...I'm also trying to install WiiMC so I can run the DVD functions... Any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks, Mike
Re: Help!!!
May 20, 2010 11:39AM
are they in a folder called apps in the root of your SD card?
May 20, 2010 05:41PM
Yes, I put them in a folder called apps in the root of the SD card...

does the way I installed everything sound okay?

I mean, my wii is working fine...HBC looks like it wants to load something...I see something that looks like some sort of loader graphic for a half-second, just a blip...and then back to bubble popping...

when I try to access the apps folder from bootmii, it freezes....

any other ideas?
May 20, 2010 06:45PM
Make sure your SD card is set up like this:
SD:\apps\name of application\boot.dol (or boot.elf)

For most applications, there is also an icon.png and meta.xml, which go in the same folder as boot.dol. However, these files are optional. For some applications, other files are also necessary (although the program will appear in the Homebrew Channel even if they are not present).
May 22, 2010 12:50AM
I had problems when I used a high speed SD card. Switched to standard speed and everything worked fine.
May 23, 2010 07:17AM
hazzer28
I NEED HELP!!!! When ever i play my wii after 5 or 15 mins then just stops and i have to turn it off and on again to play it again can any one help? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't spam, you won't get help that way. Just because of the way you spammed, I will simply refuse to help you now, even if you do create your own topic.
May 23, 2010 07:29AM
Thanks cactusjack901- Deleted!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login