Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smash Stack Screw-up

Posted by DAMOE 
Re: Smash Stack Screw-up
July 06, 2010 06:22PM
SifJar
You're missing the point: If the System Menu writes the undeletable stage, you can just remove the SD card before SM starts and insert it when game boots.

The undeletable stage would be part of the Brawl save file, which is stored on the NAND. Therefore, it does not matter when the SD card is inserted.

NintendoFreak
I just wonder if the "Erase Vault Data" option in Brawl would delete such file... Does it even delete the undeletable files that are downloaded through WiFi???

That might work. I would guess that it deletes everything, but I have not tested it.
July 06, 2010 09:48PM
What if they modified an IOS that checks the title ID of the disk during an SD read and
1: If no custom stages were found then a dummy stage would be made. One that was as basic as possible so it took up as little memory as possible. It could also be compressed take up less memory.
2:They could also check for the brawl save on the SD and either delete it, or not load it.
3:Or during the code they could look for a boot.elf/.dol and rename/delete it. NOTE: I'm not sure if this would work in the long run because I'm not sure if it's legal for them to delete your data. renaming wouldn't be as bad, but this method would be easily fixed if the name of the app was change from boot.dol to lets say app.dol
Remember this wouldn't as proned to bugs because it check for the title ID in the function that initialize the SD card. This means that the code wouldn't be loaded on any other game except NTSC brawl.
July 07, 2010 02:40AM
I thought that the version of brawl had to be old or something. Anyways I get my new file and this Piece of bull pops up: "cHiKi" and deleting Vault data doesn't work -_- It's undeletable. when I make a new file it won't load custom stages.
July 07, 2010 02:51AM
Just wait 'til tomorrow (or change the Wii's clock) but don't go on WiFI because it downloads one of those daily.

So I guess Nintendo could do make it so where people wouldn't use it because it would require them to erase their whole data...
September 05, 2010 03:36PM
I erased all data and it was fixed... from the options in wii.
September 05, 2010 03:37PM
I fixed it by deleting everything
September 06, 2010 10:44PM
i don't want to delete my data and even if you don't get on wi-fi you still can't delete the one they sent you the day before can you? or is it automaticly erased anyway?
September 06, 2010 10:47PM
SifJar
If you don't have it set to download the daily stage, its almost definitely impossible. And even if you do, it is quite possibly not possible anyway, as the game would have to have been programmed to have the functions to write an unerasable stage, which I'm guessing is incredibly unlikely.
how do you turn it off?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login