Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PAL VC on NTSC Console

Posted by Mathew_Wi 
PAL VC on NTSC Console
July 05, 2010 12:28PM
I'm trying to load my PAL Virtual Console games, but they just freeze on "Need the classic controller." message.
Would changing my region to PAL temporarily fix this? I really don't want to waste my time region changing if it wont work.

Thanks
Re: PAL VC on NTSC Console
July 05, 2010 06:17PM
The VC games are region-locked. Also, unless you brought your Wii to Europe, talk of pirated WADs are not allowed.
July 05, 2010 07:19PM
Mestizo
The VC games are region-locked.
It is very easy to work around that.

Mestizo
Also, unless you brought your Wii to Europe, talk of pirated WADs are not allowed.
The physical location of a wii does not determine what region of the shop channel it connects to. This is determined by the shop channel region setting on the wii. Furthermore, he said nothing about pirated WADs; it is entirely possible that these games were downloaded from the shop channel.

Region changing your wii is not necessary. If it is an issue with the region setting, that can be worked around. What program or system menu patch are you using to bypass the region lock? Also, is this happening with all PAL VC games, or just some? Finally, you did purchase these games from the shop channel, right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 07:21PM by jbc007.
July 06, 2010 03:04PM
jbc007
Region changing your wii is not necessary. If it is an issue with the region setting, that can be worked around. What program or system menu patch are you using to bypass the region lock? Also, is this happening with all PAL VC games, or just some? Finally, you did purchase these games from the shop channel, right?

Using Priiloader hacks. I also use Gecko OS to load them, still freezes. I don't understand why it is doing this.

NTSC Channels: Work.
NTSC-J Channels: Work.
PAL Wii/Gamecube Games: Work
PAL Channels: Hang

And yes, they are from the shop channel.
July 06, 2010 05:42PM
This could be a video mode problem. Try setting the video mode setting in Gecko OS to force NTSC (or whatever that option is).
July 06, 2010 06:09PM
I've fiddled with video already. Nothing seems to work. I still have a feeling region changing temporarily will work.
I just want to make some codes for Gecko OS. :P
July 06, 2010 08:00PM
This will most lightly not be it, but it's worth a try. Do you have priiloader hacks made for your system menu? Or maybe you should try Ocarina.
July 07, 2010 02:36AM
I want to use the debugger, and afaik, it's not in ocarina. I have region free channels and games on, though it doesn't really matter as Gecko OS doesn't work either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login