Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to homebrew, some questions

Posted by cre8ive65 
New to homebrew, some questions
August 16, 2010 06:22PM
Hi
I've been following the homebrew scene since day one nut have been worried because my wii was my only console at the time. Now that i have an Xbox 360, and i play less games on my wii i am interested, but i still have some questions

1. If i turn wiiconnect24 off, can i still play games online?
2. if i install the homebrew channel with wiiconnect24 off and play mariocart or the conduit online (without hacking the game) will i or can i get banned?
3. If i do get banned, can homebrew get me unbanned?
4. If nintendo bans can me because i have the homebrew channel, can i put it on an sd card and take the sd card out whenever i play online
I'm really worried about online play cause the conduit 2 is coming out
Re: New to homebrew, some questions
August 16, 2010 07:09PM
1. WiiConnect24 will not affect homebrew, and vice versa, but the answer is yes.
2. They can't detect that you hacked your console unless you patch the game itself.
3. I'm not sure. I think that's on the server, but I don't know how WFC works.
4. No, if you put the Homebrew Channel on the SD card, you cannot copy it back to the Wii for use.

Don't worry, unless you cheat at the game when you're online, you will not get banned.
August 16, 2010 11:06PM
thanks, reading this over, in number 4, i was actually talking about installing the homebrew channel on the sd card channel, and then taking it out when i go online
August 17, 2010 12:05AM
Yeah but the SD Menu copies it to your Wii before it runs any channel, it's just temporary though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login