1= what are they?
2= how do they work?
3=and how do you set one up in a wii ?
4= THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Re: FTP sever questions?
September 18, 2010 03:04AM
1. Dunno google maybe?
2. dunno again another google?
3. uumm search function in the forums might find something about it, or wait google again.
4. I only say this cause I don't know and would turn to google and search here first to see what i could find on my own before asking here.
September 18, 2010 07:06AM
dirtrider73068
1. Dunno google maybe?
2. dunno again another google?
3. uumm search function in the forums might find something about it, or wait google again.
4. I only say this cause I don't know and would turn to google and search here first to see what i could find on my own before asking here.

LOL i did and i came out empty handed after 4 hours of googling
September 18, 2010 03:23PM
Wow I am surprised, you can usually find alot of stuff on google. I don't know any thing about ftp servers, thought google would help, maybe one of the other users here will know.
September 18, 2010 04:44PM
FTP servers basically allow you to connect to a device. Once connected, you can view files, download them, and upload them (if you have the correct permissions).
FTP is the name of the protocol (File Transfer Protocol) they use to communicate, which is detailed here.
To set one up on a Wii, use the ftpii or WiiExplorer apps.
September 18, 2010 06:20PM
Essentially, if you are running an FTP server on a device, it means that you can remotely log into that device from a computer (typically on the same network in the case of a personal FTP server, you need to do more stuff to make it accessible remotely), and manage files on it.

So if you setup an FTP server on a Wii for example, this lets you connect to your Wii with a computer and transfer files to and from SD and USB devices, dump files from a game DVD (that might need a modchip, not sure) or dump the Wii's NAND (I don't think you can write to the NAND this way). So you could add a few apps to an SD card if you don't have an SD card reader for your computer. Or a number of other things.

The main FTP server for the Wii is FTPii, but as WikiFSX mentioned, WiiXplorer also does FTP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login