Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Menu update from 3.1 to 4.3 AFTER bootmii/homebrew install?

Posted by negferret 
Menu update from 3.1 to 4.3 AFTER bootmii/homebrew install?
October 21, 2010 04:51PM
Hi - I'm a total newbi and would appriciate help
I just got an old Wii that was on menu v3.1
I've run the latest version of hackmii (through bannerbomb) to installed bootmii and homebrew (latest as downloaded this week)

SInce then everything is good and I've installed a USB disk manager through this guide which also makes some IOS changes
[[b]LINK REMOVED[/b]]

My question is; WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I NOW UPGRADE VIA THE WII OPTION TO 4.3??

WiiBREW says to run hackmii then do the update - HOWEVER I then see lots saying that this will delete homebrew etc etc
I'm not sure what to do - I know that I don't NEED 4.3, but would like it if it doesn't break what I've done to date..

Thanks for ANY advice...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 07:59PM by bg4545.
Re: Menu update from 3.1 to 4.3 AFTER bootmii/homebrew install?
October 21, 2010 05:05PM
We are not to talk about anything related to backups or cIOSs. Most likely, the IOS patches you made will be updated and reversed with the update.
Re: Menu update from 3.1 to 4.3 AFTER bootmii/homebrew install?
October 22, 2010 02:01AM
which means you should update! that'll help clear your wii of all that fail that's on it... I'm guessing you didn't know that was on there since you made this post after checking all those boxes saying you wouldn't discuss certain things.

That's the ONLY explanation of checking those boxes and STILL typing what you typed... so yeah, do a ninty upgrade and you'll be good to go!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login