updating question
October 25, 2010 11:29PM
well i tried updating the wii shop channel through WiiMCU but i keep getting errors so im deciding to update (i have 4.2) If i update none of my HB stuff will be erased right? On a side note is there any other way i can update the channel without updating the system menu?
Re: updating question
October 26, 2010 12:04AM
You can download a WAD of the Shopping Channel using NUSD (NUS Downloader) and then install said WAD with WadImport. Both these tools can be found on the WiiBrew wiki. You will also need the latest revision of IOS56. Or you could just use dop-Mii WiiBrew Edition to install both these things.

However, provided you have the latest HBC, a regular update won't remove it. And if you're on System Menu 4.2 already, BootMii/boot2 won't be removed either (if you have it).

Its your choice, the second is technically "easier", but the first is probably a quicker process as you only have to download and install two things.
October 29, 2010 06:31PM
I know I shouldn't ask this but what is the difference between a wad manager and wadimport? aside from the creator. is it the fail ios that makes them different?
October 29, 2010 08:15PM
wad manager- uses patched and pirated "cios" and is not supported on this forum.
wadimport- does the same job as manager , W/O the piracy cios
October 29, 2010 10:44PM
WadImport only installs titles that your Wii has the ticket for (so you can't install pirated WADs or custom channels with it.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2010 10:48PM by bg4545.
October 30, 2010 03:08AM
i use them rarely , sorry
November 02, 2010 08:44PM
bg4545
WadImport only installs titles that your Wii has the ticket for (so you can't install pirated WADs or custom channels with it.)

It will also install properly signed WADs regardless of ticket i.e. can install IOS WADs for example, but not pirated WADs (which are fakesigned)
November 26, 2010 03:23AM
So say there are some WADs you like you saw on youtube for emulators. When you download them they say they are .wad or .rar. Can you use Wadimport to put these channels in for you instead of Wadmanager? I just want a channel for every emulator & there are many out there even for facebook & Gmail & even Homebrew Browser which I though were great. I love Tantrics forwarder channels. All the ones I downloaded say they are Forwarder channels as well. I haven't installed them yet since I wanted to do some research first. Why can't Wiibrew make an application catagory for acceptable channels? Everyone is channel hungry! It's easier & looks professionally done. Plus anyone in your house can't just go delete stuff like you can in Homebrew channel. Kid safe & friend safe for the inexperienced. That's what many are after now, Channels to go with their applications or emulators. If forwarders are better & safer then that's what should be available on here. So much is tabu on here. I know your trying to be legal within guidelines but can you guys just help us do it right then? Are custom channels asking to much?
November 26, 2010 07:42AM
punkydudester
So say there are some WADs you like you saw on youtube for emulators. When you download them they say they are .wad or .rar. Can you use Wadimport to put these channels in for you instead of Wadmanager?
No. Also, downloading WADs from YouTube can be dangerous and possibly illegal.

punkydudester
I just want a channel for every emulator & there are many out there even for facebook & Gmail & even Homebrew Browser which I though were great. I love Tantrics forwarder channels. All the ones I downloaded say they are Forwarder channels as well. I haven't installed them yet since I wanted to do some research first.
That's fine that you want a channel, but in reality it'd be easier just to use the HBC. That way you don't have a cluttered/full Wii Menu and you don't have to mess with installing anything to the Wii itself.

punkydudester
Why can't Wiibrew make an application catagory for acceptable channels? Everyone is channel hungry! It's easier & looks professionally done. Plus anyone in your house can't just go delete stuff like you can in Homebrew channel. Kid safe & friend safe for the inexperienced. That's what many are after now, Channels to go with their applications or emulators.
Custom channels aren't for everyone and they certainly aren't all professional looking. Most of the better ones are, in fact, illegal (because they use Nintendo banners/code). And yeah you can just delete custom channels from the Wii Menu just like other channels. It is actually just as easy to delete the channel than an app from the SD card. If you want a channel then that's fine; but not everyone does (myself included).

punkydudester
If forwarders are better & safer then that's what should be available on here. So much is tabu on here. I know your trying to be legal within guidelines but can you guys just help us do it right then? Are custom channels asking to much?
Yes that's asking too much. They are not better or safer and it's way too much of a hassle for us to explain how to do it. It can be dangerous if someone installs a bad WAD and bricks their Wii and many newbs with new Wii's don't have brick protection so I'm not going to explain how to install forwarders.
November 30, 2010 07:18PM
reborndragoon
wad manager- uses patched and pirated "cios" and is not supported on this forum.
wadimport- does the same job as manager , W/O the piracy cios

Thank you for the explanation.

punkydudester
So say there are some WADs you like you saw on youtube for emulators. When you download them they say they are .wad or .rar. Can you use Wadimport to put these channels in for you instead of Wadmanager? I just want a channel for every emulator & there are many out there even for facebook & Gmail & even Homebrew Browser which I though were great. I love Tantrics forwarder channels. All the ones I downloaded say they are Forwarder channels as well. I haven't installed them yet since I wanted to do some research first. Why can't Wiibrew make an application catagory for acceptable channels? Everyone is channel hungry! It's easier & looks professionally done. Plus anyone in your house can't just go delete stuff like you can in Homebrew channel. Kid safe & friend safe for the inexperienced. That's what many are after now, Channels to go with their applications or emulators. If forwarders are better & safer then that's what should be available on here. So much is tabu on here. I know your trying to be legal within guidelines but can you guys just help us do it right then? Are custom channels asking to much?

Where did you find facebook and gmail channels??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login