Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ok i hit a wall here

Posted by Dend 
ok i hit a wall here
November 15, 2010 04:42AM
ok im stuck i dont know what i have done here but let me start by saying this i first purchased whatever from myhomebrewware.com and well thus far im not to impressed, following the purchase i read what was needed which at the time i needed the SD card, the reader and I also needed the net hookup for the wii cause well i just never used it.

anyway now none of the links work but i specifically calls out wiibrew in the DVD unlock video i did get to watch before all of the links on the page decided to crap out and stop working. so now i cant download any of the stuff from that site so i am trying my luck through here.

anyway i got the sd card formatted it, put the private folder on there and the boot elf for the Indian exploit. I followed the directions and well i dont know what i missed but here is where im at

I have went through found the elf in game, using the buttons on the console i have went to the 4th option and did the NAND backup but now when i go to option 2 which is HBC which is i believe where i would go to install HBC nothing black screen with no way out but to power down and restart.

system info since the update when i hooked up the net its now 4.3u

anyway what im looking to do is get DVD playback ability and emulators for other consoles, but i just need to know what my next step is from where i am currently any help would be appreciated.
Re: ok i hit a wall here
November 15, 2010 04:59AM
perfect i just read the paying for homebrew is a scam thread yeeehaaa im super excited
November 15, 2010 06:11AM
sounds like you installed bootmii as boot2 but you never installed HBC.

anyway i got the sd card formatted it, put the private folder on there and the boot elf for the Indian exploit.
Run the exploit again and when that menu pops up where you installed bootmii... select install HBC.

that's where you install the HBC.

Edit: and don't do anything else from that package you bought. You are correct that you got scammed as all of this is free stuff, but those packages a lot of times include illegal and dangerous things they want you to install taht you don't need to run the stuff you want to do (ie emulators and dvd playback)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 06:12AM by mdbrim.
November 15, 2010 06:12AM
If you still need to do Homebrew, I would first start off by doing virus scans, just in case.
Afterwards, you'll need the following:

A 2 GB SD card (Not SDHC)
SD card reader
and either:
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
- LEGO Indiana Jones
-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds Wheelie Breakers

Follow this guide: [wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 06:14AM by Mestizo.
November 15, 2010 09:14AM
November 15, 2010 04:02PM
mdbrim
sounds like you installed bootmii as boot2 but you never installed HBC.

my unit only allows me to install as IOS, and once I am done and I exit out of the DOS looking screen i get to the screen that shows the 4 options across the screen

i am at the end of this step here

[wiibrew.org]

Homebre_setup
Extra Note
While in BootMii, you should back up your NAND memory. This is mainly for those who have installed bootmii as Boot2, but should still be done when installed as IOS. When in BootMii, you will not have access to the wii-mote, so you will have to use a gamecube controller, or the buttons on the Wii itself. (power button is move cursor, reset button is select option.) THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE BOOTMII APPLICATION ITSELF, THE HACKMII INSTALLER DOES SUPPORT THE WIIMOTE.
Select the 4th option then hit A/Reset, then you are taken to a new option.
The first corresponds to the backing up of NAND memory, the second; "injecting" NAND back into memory...
Select the first option (you must have at least 512MB of space on SD card to do so) to back up NAND.

i use the buttons on the Wii to do all of this once i finish i go back out to the main menu with the 4 options on the screen i forget what the first one is but the second one is HBC i select it and go there and it gives me a solid black screen. with no options to get out of that screen, i think this may be where i may need to have app but i could be wrong

mdbrim
Edit: and don't do anything else from that package you bought. You are correct that you got scammed as all of this is free stuff, but those packages a lot of times include illegal and dangerous things they want you to install taht you don't need to run the stuff you want to do (ie emulators and dvd playback)

no worries here i have gotten nothing aside from the list of items i need to use to get this stuff to work, and i have already sent in the request to get my money back and if it doesn't show up pretty soon im going to dispute it with the credit card company.

Mestizo
If you still need to do Homebrew, I would first start off by doing virus scans, just in case.
Afterwards, you'll need the following:

A 2 GB SD card (Not SDHC)
SD card reader
and either:
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
- LEGO Indiana Jones
-Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds Wheelie Breakers

Follow this guide: [wiibrew.org]

thats what i used first i guess what i am missing here is without having to keep going through the elf how do i get it the HBC to work? because it doesnt show up as a channel on the wii or the sd card

bg4545
Or this guide: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]

i have also tried using this guide as well see above reply to Mestizo

this is where i have hit the wall, the screen i speak of with the 4 options is a grey screen and has 4 grey boxes running from left to right centered in the screen. it seems like box 1 says Wii which if i recall from last night it takes me back out to my main Wii screen, box 2 is Homebrew Channel which takes me to a black screen with no way out, box 3 i cant remember what it says here, and box 4 shows a picture to two gears (which i would say is settings) and this is where i went and did the NAND back up even though i did an IOS install and not a boot2.
November 15, 2010 04:37PM
The grey screen you're talking about is BootMii. It sounds like you didn't install the Homebrew Channel (hence the black screen when you click it). Run the HackMii Installer again and install the HBC.
November 15, 2010 05:31PM
ok i guess im missing a step in there somewhere how do i get it to install? ive been through the entire process about 3 or 4 times with the same end result.

i will walk you through what ive done maybe you can see the error in my ways that im missing here

i will use this as reference
[wiibrew.org]

Homebrew setup
Part 1: Preparing the SD Card

done its a windows system formatted a couple of times to default FAT system

Homebrew setup
Part 2: Copying files to SD card

basic knowledge here using the Indiana Pwns exploit
private folder
boot.elf
both files placed in root of SD card, SD card looks like pic 4 as shown

Homebrew setup
Part 3: Setting up your Wii

1. boot LIJ check
2. copy private folder onto wii (save existing off first for later use) check
3. return to sys menu check
4. boot LIJ check
5. Load saved game check
6. find the elf check
7. boot.efl should now load check

Homebrew setup
Part 4: Installing the Homebrew Channel

1. I am presented with the screen on the right (#2) but i only have 2 options HBC - can be installed, BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
2.continue check

I think this is where im having issues right here by typing this out i think that im running into trouble here

3. Go to Homebrew Channel > Install the Homebrew Channel. You will be asked whether you want to install the channel; select yes. After installation you should get a message "finished" and return you to the initial menu

when i hit continue i get another screen but i dont believe i can select Homebrew Channel here and possibly i need use the the buttons on the console since i dont have the game cube controllers am i correct or close or am i swinging for the fences when nobody is even pitching the ball my way? lol

4. BootMii must be installing properly since i can go through the bootmii screen

EDIT:

I watched the youtube vid and i may not be looking up high enough for the install HBC so that may be the error in my ways when i get home tonight i will have to do some more testing to be sure.

on a side note what is that third option that seems to be on everyone elses Wii but mine from this point here

Homebrew setup
Part 4: Installing the Homebrew Channel

1. I am presented with the screen on the right (#2) but i only have 2 options HBC - can be installed, BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS

is this possibly a file i am missing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 06:00PM by Dend.
November 16, 2010 03:03AM
any way you can join #wiihelp on efnet on irc? this may be a bit easier to do in real time.

Cuz i'm not sure what is goin on!
November 16, 2010 03:07AM
They say they have 60 day money back guarantee. I would try and get your money back. And when (not if) they refuse, contact your credit card company and tell them you want to dispute the charge.
November 16, 2010 03:16AM
you know what is even funnier (and equally moronic about that site) is that you don't even have to pay them to get access to their stuff.

A simple google search provides the link to their super secret members only page where you have access to all the stuff.

They probably use that fact to claim that you aren't really buying the stuff... just making a "donation" and that the files where readily available at all times.

Re-Freakin-Diculous.
November 16, 2010 07:06PM
PAY DIRT!!!! finally got it to work i just wasnt looking up high enough i loaded bootmii but i was failing to load the HBC because of the way it was spaced on the screen i was over looking it as a selectable option, loaded up a few apps last night!!! Thanks for all the help with that situation!

EDIT
removed things i arent supposed to speak of sorry bout that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 07:35PM by Dend.
November 17, 2010 04:04AM

i loaded bootmii but i was failing to load the HBC

Hmmm... that sounds familiar...

mdbrim
sounds like you installed bootmii but you never installed HBC.

Glad you got it working man!
November 17, 2010 03:42PM
you were right and I probably wouldn't have figured it out had i not watched one of the youtube vid's where the guy installed it on screen. its amazing what happens when you read the entire screen rather than skimming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login