Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starting out suggestions

Posted by SUCCESSOR 
Starting out suggestions
December 11, 2010 08:13AM
Wondering if there is anything I should install to make Homebrew on my Wii safer as in preventing bricking. And can I update with homebrew installed.
Re: Starting out suggestions
December 11, 2010 06:54PM
can you install bootmii as boot2?

bootmii is in the same installer as the HBC so see if you can install it as boot2.

If you have an older wii, you probably can.

If you can, you can take a NAND dump and get pretty much perfect brick protection.

If you have the latest version of the HBC, you can update and not lose your Homebrew.
December 12, 2010 12:23AM
I am using Hackmii to install HBC and it comes with Bootmii installer. When bootmii install do I just select an option to install as Boot2 or is that just how it installs?

Does HBC v0.8 allow Disc Channel use? I am looking into installing USB Loader. Does that install require internet connection? And does loading games from a USB device cause noticeable lag?

Is NAND dumping with Boot2 a breeze or is there some documentation on how to do it. All my searches turned up were people with bricked Wiis looking for a fix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 12:26AM by SUCCESSOR.
December 12, 2010 12:38AM
We don't support USB/Backup Loaders; Read the rules.

When you load the HackMii installer, it will say "BootMii Can be installed" (in green)
or "BootMii Can only be installed as IOS" (in purple). If it says the latter, you will not get brick protection with BootMii.

Backing up your NAND with BootMii is pretty straightforward. Select the 'cogs' icon then the one that looks like a chip with an arrow to the SD card.
December 12, 2010 01:02AM
Everything installed great. Bootmii as Boot2. But running Bootmii cause the Wii Remote to stop working while it's running.
December 12, 2010 01:08AM
Yes, it's widely stated that you can't use a Wii remote in BootMii. Use a Gamecube controller or the power and reset buttons on the Wii itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login