Using the HackMii Installer
December 25, 2010 06:56PM
It's been a while since I've used my Wii. I haven't done very much involving all of this. My Wii is currently on version 3.4U. It was about a year and a half ago when I've launched the HackMii Installer which was version 0.6 at the time using the Bannerbomb v1 method for system menu 4.1 and below. All I ever did was install the Homebrew Channel v1.03 (and never updated to 1.08 to not make any changes that I don't know about), installed DVDX, and Installed BootMii as boot2.

The Newest game that I had at the time was Mario Kart Wii which worked on 3.4U. I've just got Goldeneye 007 recently which undoubtedly requires an update. I also would like to update my Wii to get some functionality back such as the Wii Store and anything else that needs an update to run. On the official site it says that before performing an update to backup your Wii using BootMii, which I really don't know how to use. Can anyone direct me to a page that describes the process in high detail?

Also before I can use start using BootMii to backup my Wii's current settings, I get the impression that I need to access the HackMii Installer again. I got to it the first time by using the HackMii installer's boot.elf file by putting it on the root of my SD card and said "yes" when the the Wii asked "Load boot.dol/elf?" within the "Data Management" area. Is it safe for me to access the HackMii installer this way again or is there another way to do it now since I've already accessed it once?

Please tell if this plan involving using BootMii to back up and performing an official update will workout or about any other course that you recommend that I take to get back the functionality of the Wii that requires an update.
Re: Using the HackMii Installer
December 26, 2010 05:40AM
First I suggest you to update all your homebrew with the newest hackmii nstaller. To run it you can use an exploit or simply use the homebrew channel (put the boot.elf file of the hackmii installer in a folder inside the apps folder of your sd).

Install the homebrew channel and bootmii and then look for the option that says "prepare sd card" (this will create a folder in the sd card which will allow you to access bootmii once you reboot the wii).

Once in the bootmii screen you will need a gamecube controller or the buttons in the front of the wii to navigate through the menu.
Select the fourth option and in doing so a new screen will appear, here select the image of the sd card with an arrow pointing from the wii to the sd, this will start the backup just wait until it finishes.

After that you can update just make sure your wii is correctly plugged in.
Re: Using the HackMii Installer
December 27, 2010 12:45AM
Thank you. That is just what I wanted. Everything is fully functional.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login