Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the best way to install HBC on a 3.4E and than update the Wii?

Posted by belette 
What is the best way to install HBC on a 3.4E and than update the Wii?
January 16, 2011 03:17PM
Hi,

I just got back a Wii bought on december of 2006, and it's still using the 3.4E system. I want to install the HBC but I would like to have access to the Wii Shop Channel to buy VC games.

Should I update to the System 4.3 first and then use Indiana Pwns?

Is there another way? I could use the bannerbomb or twilight hack exploits but I'm not sure how easy it will be to upgrade the Wii system after?

Thanks in advance :)
Re: What is the best way to install HBC on a 3.4E and than update the Wii?
January 16, 2011 03:30PM
a copy of Indiana Jones: The original adventure is hard to find. Install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii/Boot2 if possible using bannerbomb, and then use dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition to install System Menu 4.3 and the latest Wii Shop Channel.

Follow the guide at [wiisixtyfour.webs.com] and then download [dop-mii.googlecode.com], and put the "apps" folder straight onto the SD card, not in any folders. Then launch DOP-Mii from the Homebrew Channel. Run it using IOS xx + AHBPROT, select Channels, choose your region and then Wii Shop Channel. You can also then install System Menu 4.3 here, if you want but it is not necessary for Wii Shop Channel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 04:17PM by metroid_maniac.
January 16, 2011 06:10PM
Unless you have a reason to stay at version 3.4 you could just install the latest version of the HBC then you could do a normal update.
January 16, 2011 08:31PM
Thanks!

I installed HBC and BootMii as boot2 using the BootMii installer and the Bannerbomb exploit. Now I will read more articles before choosing how I will upgrade and if it's really necessary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login