Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiBrew to actual Wii title

Posted by alanic 
WiiBrew to actual Wii title
June 05, 2011 04:38PM
Hello,

I'm a newbie about WiiBrew and I have a question about WiiBrew vs. the official Wii developer license. I see that the WiiBrew development environment is gcc based, which is probably not the case for the official one. If I wanted to start my development in WiiBrew, and later transition to the official Wii developer kit through a company that has it, what would be the hurdles to overcome? Has anybody ported a WiiBrew game to the official dev kit? Any ideas about the differences between the two?

I'm not asking about how hard it is to secure an official Wii dev kit, I'm asking specifically about the transition process.

Thank you.
Re: WiiBrew to actual Wii title
June 06, 2011 07:22PM
This is not something you need to worry about. In any case you will have to learn some new things whenever you change you programming environment - its a fact of life. It is highly likely that the Official stuff will be easier to use, setup and come with more documentation and support to help you but I have never seen the official stuff. My best guess is that you will have to change everything in your build files and sign a document that says you will not discuss it with anybody.
June 08, 2011 08:40PM
Example of homebrew being ported too Wiiware:
[wiibrew.org]
June 19, 2011 09:27AM
Is it possible to develop an approved and published game that uses Wii-Linux to run it? I'm developing a game using GAMBAS 3 and SDL. If it runs under something like Wii-Linux then eventually I will need to convince Nintendo to let me publish it on their console. They need quality games and developers, so presumably they'd have a pretty friendly and interactive policy. Should I ask them and realistically expect a valid response?
June 19, 2011 02:22PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login