Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb V2 Freezes After Scam Warning

Posted by AfxTwn 
Bannerbomb V2 Freezes After Scam Warning
July 07, 2011 11:24AM
Hi, I am trying to install the Homebrew Channel on my 4.2E Wii but every time I try the installation from the SD card screen, it gets to the part where it gives me the warning about the payment scam and then freezes just as it asks me to press the 1 button.

I have got the latest version of the HackMii installer 0.8 and Bannerbomb abd6a v2. I've tried other versions of Bannerbomb (abd69, abd6b) but none of these work either. I did previously have a version of the HBC but it started to go upside down and so I deleted it and wanted to re-install it but now I am having this problem.

On Bannerbomb's website it says the following: "When running the HackMii installer, I get the scam warning, but then it freezes/exits. Upgrade to the latest installer from bootmii.org". The trouble is that I already have the latest version of HackMii so I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows of a solution? Thanks for any help.
Re: Bannerbomb V2 Freezes After Scam Warning
July 08, 2011 07:31AM
If you look at sd:\installer.log you should see the installer loading and running on an ios. Then you will probably see the installer reload to another ios, likely ios30-36, then it hangs. This happens when ios30-36 have been downgraded on newer wii hardware. Try to install updated versions of ios30-36 and ios58, then run the installer again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2011 07:32AM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login