Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii64 Usb issues

Posted by probert8732 
Wii64 Usb issues
January 11, 2012 05:43AM
Hi I recently modded my wii and was successful my snes works fine along with the rest of my homebrew. But now I try to use Wii64 and it does not work with my 2tb external hard drive, when I try to load a rom off of it i always get the error

error opening directory "usb:/wii64/roms"

I Formatted my externalHD using NTFS (only ntfs and exFAT are available) then extracted wiibeta 1.1 onto the drive and copied my roms into the wii64 roms folder as all the instructions listed however I still get this error. I have looked for hours online and have not found a solution to my problem. I read that wii64 doesnt support usb but the posts that said that were over a year old so im not sure if its been updated to support usb

Im using a seagate goflex 2.0/3.0 usb

Thanks in advance and sorry if I broke any rules Im new to forums.
Re: Wii64 Usb issues
January 11, 2012 06:12AM
Even if you get an updated build that supports USB properly it won't support NTFS. Find a program that will let you format the drive as FAT32.
January 11, 2012 07:19AM
I partitioned 4GB of the hard drive and formatted it with FAT32 still the same result....

Has anyone confirmed somebody actually using the usb on wii64 1.1 without this problem? Because a lot of ppl on the net have the same problem with no solutions and the only people/videos I've seen succesful is the use of the SD card.
January 12, 2012 03:24AM
i too am having the same issue, i can load them from the sd. The end result is horrible chopped up graphics, my 1tb is fat32(obviously) and i have the wii64 file on the hdd but when i go to load the result is the same, Error. what i suggest is trying to use another 64 emulator and see if the result is the same. I will post my results tomarrow
January 18, 2012 02:46AM
yeah nothing happened, i still get the same issue, i thought there was another emulator but i was wrong. Another option would be the USB loader since its on the usb it should boot up right away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 03:17AM by smoothiebun.
January 18, 2012 06:05PM
A USB loader is completely irrelevant and will help in no way.

EDIT: Oh, and they're also against the rules ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 06:12PM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login