Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LetterBomb refuses to let me download it.

Posted by SaintAckbar 
LetterBomb refuses to let me download it.
May 23, 2012 11:30PM
I have recently decided to put the Homebrew Channel on my Wii, but have run into an issue that has left me with nowhere to go.
LetterBomb refuses to download.
Here is what happened.
I put my MAC Address into the appropriate area at the top, entered the Captcha and clicked on one of the two wires. What followed next was indeed not a download, but absolutely nothing. When I went to go try again, the two wire buttons were completely grayed out, disallowing me from continuing and getting the download. I have asked a couple other places, all of which have given me no answer to my trouble. I am linking the image of what it looks like for me on the BannerBomb screen.
If I am doing something wrong, have missed an easy fix, or have somehow broken the download, please tell me.
All logic tells me to post in this forum, but if this is indeed not the right forum, I apologize and will move it to the appropriate one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2012 01:56AM by SaintAckbar.
Re: LetterBomb refuses to let me download it.
May 24, 2012 02:04AM
You could try giantpune's version of the exploit. There is a tool called wilbrand to build that version of the exploit, Google will probably help. Sorry I can't help more than that.
May 24, 2012 02:42AM
That's what the letterbomb page normally looks like when you haven't entered a MAC address. Probably you have something installed on your PC (anti-virus, pop-up blocker etc) that is preventing webpages from automatically sending files to you, and when you click the "cut the wire" button the page is being forcibly reloaded instead.
May 24, 2012 04:11AM
It looks like that even when I have my MAC address put in.
I'll try messing with that stuff, though.
May 24, 2012 07:45AM
If it shows AA BB CC etc. in the MAC address boxes then you obviously haven't put anything in them.
May 25, 2012 06:36AM
I took this screenshot before doing anything.
I can assure you it doesn't do anything after as well.
May 25, 2012 08:03AM
March 21, 2016 03:51PM
I had the same problem too, i found that the second time (after the error) i tried to enter my mac address, i just clicked on the boxes and selected the text that i had typed before instead of typing it again, Don't do it the lazy way, just type again and then the 'cut the wire' dialogue will highlight so can then be selected. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login