Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wierd things happening........

Posted by 100percentDragon 
wierd things happening........
June 13, 2012 03:52AM
(five minutes ago) "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh............. Is my wii supposed to be doing that?"

Something happened to my wii console:

1. I put the SD in my wii with smash stack on it and boot.elf too...

2.went 2 custom stages

3. the screen turned black and it had 'twilght" on the top with white words underneith it

4. I clicked 'continue' and installed the hb chnnl, then clicked 'exit' and the screen changed to the homebrew bubble-popping screen

5. I thought "the crap?!", popped a few bubbles, pressed the home button and it said at the top right-hand corner that Network had not initialized

6. I clicked launch bootmii and the screen went black.

7.after 10 minutes I said "screw it" and unpluged my wii, plugged it back in, and went to the home menu

8. for some wierd reason the hb chnnl was there

9. I clicked it

10. and it went back to the bubble-popping screen

and here I am, a noob, trying to figue out what the hell had happened while typing this.

(GASP)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: wierd things happening........
June 13, 2012 04:47PM
"For some weird reason the hb chnnl [sic] was there" - that'd be because you installed it. Why did you not expect it to be there?

"it went back to the bubble-popping screen" - that is the Homebrew Channel (HBC, or "hb chnnl" as you seem to think it is called). To make it do more than popping bubbles you need to actually put some apps on your SD card.

"I clicked launch bootmii and the screen went black" - you didn't prepare your SD card in the BootMii sub menu of the HackMii Installer. Run the installer again (either via the exploit or from HBC), go into the BootMii sub menu and choose "Prepare SD card". Then BootMii should be able to be loaded from HBC. If it still doesn't work, your SD card is incompatible with BootMii.

Nothing you described is even slightly out of the ordinary for what you have done. I have to ask, what did you expect to happen, if not these things?
Re: wierd things happening........
June 13, 2012 05:04PM
You have to have apps on your SD card to get past just popping bubbles on the homebrew channel. Network not initializing just means you dont have an active internet connection to your Wii console. So that possibly means you just dont use the internet on your Wii. That or if you have a specific app that is intended to use a connection, then it isnt configured correctly if the possible particular app in question requires to be set up, and configured correctly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login