Devkit Pro installer freezing?
January 17, 2009 09:08PM
I decided to get DevkitPro, so I downloaded the installer. I opened it up, pressed next a few times. It looked like it was installing fine, but then it froze on the following line:

untgz::extract -d 'c:\devkitPro\emulators' -zbz2 'C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Downloads\gcube-0.4.0-win32.tar.bz2'

Looks like it's got something to do with emulators. Too bad I don't want emulators! I just want to make games. And besides, I'm pretty sure that tar.bz2 files are for Linux, not for Windows.

So... ummm... what should I do? What could the problem be?
Re: Devkit Pro installer freezing?
January 17, 2009 10:17PM
Use the default windows install path. That means install devkitPRO directly to your C drive.
January 17, 2009 10:53PM
I know. That's what I've been doing, but I don't think it should make a difference.
January 17, 2009 10:57PM
Hm. Maybe try again later then?

By the the way, tar.bz2 files are just really, really compressed files to make the download speed faster. They can be extracted just fine on a windows operating system. As for the emulators, they're just there to test gamecube homebrew programs on your pc.
January 17, 2009 11:00PM
Oh, I've tried many times a couple days ago. There's one other way I might be able to do it, but to do that I'd have to restart my computer, and I'm doing VERY important backups right now, and I can't reboot. I'll try it when my computer is done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 11:01PM by Sinani201.
January 17, 2009 11:04PM
Sinani201
I'm doing VERY important backups right now
Whats that mean?

Anyways, if you havent tried in a couple days then just try again today. It may end up working :)
January 17, 2009 11:41PM
Arikado
Sinani201
I'm doing VERY important backups right now
Whats that mean?

It's a long story involving Vista, Windows 7, and a big mistake I made.

Anyways, I was able to fix the error by unchecking the Gamecube part of the installation. So it worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login