Wishlist for the Wii
August 31, 2009 07:18AM
My wishlist for the Wii would be:

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (with the ability to play online and use mods)

Quake 3 (with online capability)

Grim Fandango

I don't know if these ports would even be possible or not but this is my wishlist nevertheless

What's your wishlist?
Re: Wishlist for the Wii
August 31, 2009 01:09PM
IceV
Quake 3 (with online capability)

has quake 3 been ported yet, i dont know which quake has been ported but getting it ported is probably more important than online.

Also, online was brought up before, the problem is how to do it, i dont think anyone would donate an entire gaming server for a homebrew game, and i dont think people will be happy entering 15 ip addresses to play a game
August 31, 2009 02:19PM
I doubt those games are all open source, if any of them are. Quake 3 may be, never heard of the third one, the Jedi Knight one almost definatly wont be open source. If it isn't open source, it cant be ported.
August 31, 2009 04:28PM
Hmm didn't think about that.

Well I suppose that's why they will remain on a wishlist, not a devlist :(
August 31, 2009 04:31PM
(And Quake 3 is indeed open source)
August 31, 2009 05:15PM
Then Quake 3 could possibly happen but the others couldn't unless they are open source.
August 31, 2009 07:42PM
True, I noticed that someone is working on a Quake 2 port (and I can't find any updates on it) yet there's no one working on a Q3 port. I wish I was literate enough with coding to be able to start working on such a project.
September 01, 2009 01:45AM
IceV
What's your wishlist?

System menu themes, BGM for the HBC, and the ability to install custom channels legally. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 01:46AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 01, 2009 11:31AM
System menu themes can already be done legally, I think (MyMenuify + NUS-Downloaded .app file). Not that useful, but still.
September 01, 2009 11:56AM
alainvey
System menu themes can already be done legally, I think (MyMenuify + NUS-Downloaded .app file). Not that useful, but still.
True but most of the themes are made by gbafail members who are all shit at designing
September 01, 2009 03:15PM
SteelSLasher
alainvey
True but most of the themes are made by gbafail members who are all shit at designing
They are not that hard to make yourself..
September 02, 2009 05:13AM
theme files at illegal files removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 05:06PM by Arikado.
September 02, 2009 06:04AM
Hmmm... I think Free Civ and Free Col are open source so those would definantly be on my list.

And Duke Nukem 3D, I know that's open source....
September 02, 2009 03:11PM
Duke Nukem 3D would be amazing!
September 02, 2009 05:08PM
Duke Nukem 3D runs perfectly on the PSP homebrew port.
September 03, 2009 03:35AM
xD

I just sold my PSP-2000 a couple weeks ago...

And if it's ben successfully ported to PSP why hasn't anyone tried porting it to Wii?
September 03, 2009 04:54PM
GrungeKid17
And if it's ben successfully ported to PSP why hasn't anyone tried porting it to Wii?
You tell me.

It takes a lot of time, talent, and motivation to port anything, let alone a huge shooter. It's extremely rare to find someone willing to offer this.
September 04, 2009 05:11AM
man, i'd love to see GenPlus get some 32X capabilities...i miss my Shadow Squadron and Chaotix
and i'm DEFinitely up for Duke Nukem, with the Plutonium Pack

herb+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 05:12AM by herbe.
September 05, 2009 04:19AM
im more than willing to give you a dedicated server, and i wouldn't mind entering ips, as long as they could be saved and nicknamed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login