Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ocarina App (Not the cheat application)

Posted by ipsilonv 
Ocarina App (Not the cheat application)
September 05, 2009 10:36PM
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do an ocarina application for the wii. I really miss the Ocarina when playing TP, and other adventure games like that. And I thought it would be really cool to have an application that lets you play the ocarina like in OoT. Shouldn't be too much work, and it would be pretty cool IMO. Better than a lot of demos and even games currently on HBC. I know it's not the most useful application, but it might be a nice learning experience, and I'd appreciate. I think a lot of people would find it a nifty and nostalgic application. Which is a good thing once in a while.

All that said, I think it should have all 5 notes at least, and then the different variables... remember how when you moved the analogue stick it would change the noise? something like that.

You know it's a good idea
Re: Ocarina App (Not the cheat application)
September 05, 2009 10:44PM
dont know how to code but i can test it when someone realeses something
September 05, 2009 10:59PM
That sounds pretty cool.
September 06, 2009 06:20PM
Add in other instruments and a multiplayer component and it could be pretty cool.

Hardest thing would be finding all the sounds.
September 06, 2009 06:51PM
Arikado
Hardest thing would be finding all the sounds.

What about emulate OoT with Project 64 or something and at the same time run a recording program that records anything that is played by the computer? or have I misunderstood what this thread is about?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 06:51PM by profetylen.
September 06, 2009 06:59PM
That would make it illegal as it would be using copyrighted sounds. You'd have to find royalty free sounds which are quite similar.
September 06, 2009 07:05PM
SifJar
That would make it illegal as it would be using copyrighted sounds. You'd have to find royalty free sounds which are quite similar.

Mario sprites are also illegal and there are thousands of Mario games on the internet not made by Nintendo, so I believe, Nintendo wouldn't mind.
September 06, 2009 07:12PM
It doesn't matter if Nintendo "mind", it'd be illegal, so could not be supported on WiiBrew. And before you say "But what about Mario War?" - I'm pretty sure the sprites in it are fan made, not ripped from a Nintendo game.
September 06, 2009 08:55PM
SifJar
"But what about Mario War?" - I'm pretty sure the sprites in it are fan made, not ripped from a Nintendo game.

Does that matter? The sprites looks very (VERY) similar to the real ones. Are you sure that is legal?
September 06, 2009 08:57PM
Just because they look very similar doesnt meant that they are illegal... hence all these iPhone replicas that are just barely different, but still not illegal...(might be wrong)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 08:57PM by TopGun96.
September 06, 2009 10:52PM
Its only illegal if it actually uses ripped images. The images in for example Super Mario War just happen to bear an uncanny resemblence to a famous video game character, but they are made completely from scratch (afaik) and not ripped from a game, which makes it legal. I think. If it was illegal, it wouldn't be on WiiBrew.
September 06, 2009 11:06PM
SifJar
Its only illegal if it actually uses ripped images. The images in for example Super Mario War just happen to bear an uncanny resemblence to a famous video game character, but they are made completely from scratch (afaik) and not ripped from a game, which makes it legal. I think. If it was illegal, it wouldn't be on WiiBrew.
This is true. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 11:08PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 06, 2009 11:22PM
WaxyPumpkin72
SifJar
This is true. :)

In that case (that it is true), I can go make a Mario game myself, sell it and make money! And I can't do this 'cause if I do, they'll sue me.
September 06, 2009 11:24PM
The key thing is selling it though...
September 06, 2009 11:37PM
TopGun96
The key thing is selling it though...
Yeah, thats what I think too. Maybe because mario is their trademark or something. :P

I still think the idea of an ocarina app (or any instrument, for that matter) is cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 11:37PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 06, 2009 11:41PM
a drumming app would be cool... it would have to use the nunchuck (can we do that?)
September 06, 2009 11:46PM
What, you mean use the nunchuck? Yes.
September 06, 2009 11:48PM
yes that's what i meant... i didnt know if we had the libraries (or what ever) to use the nunchuck (sorry im not a coder)
September 07, 2009 12:03AM
TopGun96
yes that's what i meant... i didnt know if we had the libraries (or what ever) to use the nunchuck (sorry im not a coder)
Ya, thats fine, neither am i.

Drums would be pretty sick too. I don't know about, say, a guitar. It seems to me that would be pretty lame.
September 07, 2009 12:12AM
Well, to be totally honest I hadn't factored in the fact that ripping is illegal :/, when I think about it, it's somewhat obvious. That makes it harder but not by much. There would be several ways of doing this. I have seen many ocarinas around like on youtube and whatnot. So I know that there are a lot of people with ocarinas out there.

if someone has an ocarina, he could help do the sounds.
we could send a message to different people who have made videos of ocarinas and ask them if they could help.
we could make synthetic ones... that would be harder to do but is not impossible
there are other ways, those are just a few of them.

Either way, the most important part is getting someone who is willing to code it. If you would code it but are not sure you want to get the sounds and whatnot, tell me. Cuz if someone codes, I'd be more than happy to help look for sounds. The determinant factor is whether someone wants to code it or not. Because I can't do it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login