Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

since we now have basic wiimote speaker support

Posted by daisuke 
since we now have basic wiimote speaker support
October 10, 2009 12:45PM
would it be possible to use the wiimote speakers as microphones,

this is something ive been thinking of for a while now.

most people know that speakers can be used as mic's
Re: since we now have basic wiimote speaker support
October 10, 2009 01:02PM
The Wiimote speakers can only really make generic sounds for us, using it as a mike won't work well.
October 10, 2009 03:55PM
yes, i kinda knew that, but still it would be understandable, wouldnt it?
October 10, 2009 08:17PM
daisuke
yes, i kinda knew that, but still it would be understandable, wouldnt it?

I don't think the Wii Remote can speak to the Wii and give it that kind of information.
October 12, 2009 01:59PM
ok so its the part where its not possible to send the sound info through the bluetooth radio,
because there is no way for it to receive that kind of info?

im sorry if i dont fully understand what you mean, but here is what i meant.

That we could use the wiimotes as microphones even thought we would get crappy sound.

well im sorry that i did not understand,
October 12, 2009 09:57PM
metroid_maniac
The Wiimote speakers can only really make generic sounds for us, using it as a mike won't work well.
When we initially checked out the hardware it was discovered that the speakers are in fact two way. However, making them work in reverse hasn't been accomplished (yet).
October 12, 2009 10:39PM
Ok, thanks for the answers, lets hope that this gets accomplished one day, it would be great for homebrew games.

and i want to thank every one who works on libogc, and devkitpro.
also everybody else that contributes to the homebrew society!
that makes these great little programs!
November 16, 2009 03:53PM
Arikado
metroid_maniac
When we initially checked out the hardware it was discovered that the speakers are in fact two way. However, making them work in reverse hasn't been accomplished (yet).

So nintendo (in theory) could be listing to us when we're playing Mario kart online!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 03:54PM by aujakev.
November 16, 2009 08:15PM
aujakev
Arikado
metroid_maniac

So nintendo (in theory) could be listing to us when we're playing Mario kart online!

Well then they've got nothing but long strings of obscenities from me
November 17, 2009 02:49AM
cactusjack901
aujakev
Arikado
metroid_maniac

Well then they've got nothing but long strings of obscenities from me
lol
November 17, 2009 06:53AM
Arikado
metroid_maniac

Any speaker is, in theory two way, a microphone is simply a speaker in reverse. Basic Audio Engineering knowledge there (no offense)
November 18, 2009 03:49PM
cactusjack901
Arikado
metroid_maniac

Any speaker is, in theory two way, a microphone is simply a speaker in reverse. Basic Audio Engineering knowledge there (no offense)

is that why you can plug in a cheep pair of head phones and use it as a mic?
November 19, 2009 12:53AM
aujakev
cactusjack901
Arikado
metroid_maniac

Precisely. All that's needed is a medium to get the sound to the input, on a pair of headphones, the cable is used as a power source, considering it's being powered by an input jack, it's expecting data back, which it gets, due to how it's being powered. Hope I explained that simple enough, if you don't get what I mean I can draw up a diagram
November 19, 2009 01:17AM
cactusjack901
All that's needed is a medium to get the sound to the input, on a pair of headphones, the cable is used as a power source, considering it's being powered by an input jack, it's expecting data back, which it gets, due to how it's being powered.

So if we wanted to make the wii mote speaker a mic we would most likely have to mod the controller to make the power go both ways?
November 19, 2009 02:04AM
not so much hardware, because, as Arikado already said, they found that it was already a mic, which leads me to believe that it's already wired to be used as a mic. All we really need is a software implementation of this. This would probably require a softmod for the wiimote itself (you know, we could probably do a lot with softmods of the wiimote, I wonder why we haven't done this yet...besides the need to reverse engineer said wiimote)
November 19, 2009 06:45AM
cactusjack901
aujakev
cactusjack901
Arikado
metroid_maniac

Precisely. All that's needed is a medium to get the sound to the input, on a pair of headphones, the cable is used as a power source, considering it's being powered by an input jack, it's expecting data back, which it gets, due to how it's being powered. Hope I explained that simple enough, if you don't get what I mean I can draw up a diagram

can you draw a diagram for me please?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login