Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-reverse Twilight princess (Undo Mirror mode?)

Posted by Yoghurt 
Re-reverse Twilight princess (Undo Mirror mode?)
March 14, 2010 09:32PM
is there any way to write an app that re-reverses zelda TP again? similar to the twilight hack where you execute a special code within the game, it could be possible to write an app that de-mirrors the game back to its original way.
link would be left handed again, the world would be the rigth way around.
AFAIK, all you have to do is write a code that mirrors the world and the controls and youre good to go. i dont know about wii coding, but in general c games coding there usually is a line like camera.aspect or something thats lets you control the games view.
alternatively you could also change the controls to remove the waggle, like mapping b to attack or something like this.

i know that changing finished games is possible. heck, if one could do that id even pay a little bit of money. im that crazy, yeah..
sincerly
yoghurt
Re: Re-reverse Twilight princess (Undo Mirror mode?)
March 14, 2010 09:41PM
What the heck?
March 15, 2010 12:36AM
March 15, 2010 05:39AM
no? what about ocarina and wiird? wiird already knows where to find the frame buffer, because you can take screenshots with it. so it shouldnt be too much trouble to write a ocarina code to reverse it. its just the fact that nobody that knows how to do it has done it yet.
March 15, 2010 06:18AM
giantpune
no? what about ocarina and wiird? wiird already knows where to find the frame buffer, because you can take screenshots with it. so it shouldnt be too much trouble to write a ocarina code to reverse it. its just the fact that nobody that knows how to do it has done it yet.

no it's probably never going to happen. Yes technically anything is possible but first you'd have to find the code in memory that controls movement then hijack it with your own code remapping it with the controls you want. There are a handful of developers able to do this in the Wii scene, me not being one of them. And lets face it would this even interest them.

WaxyPumpkin72
What the heck?

Yeah, that's what I thought. I had to read the post several times before I understood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 06:18AM by scanff.
March 15, 2010 01:46PM
If you're interested in learning how to do it yurself, have a look here: [wiird.l0nk.org].

Warning, though: It will require alot of work and you need to buy a USB Gecko I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login