Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duke Nukem 3D Wii

Posted by XICO2KX 
Duke Nukem 3D Wii
August 25, 2010 01:51PM
Hello! :)
I've seen ports of various old school first person shooters like Doom, Quake, Hexen and Wolfenstein3D, but I still haven't seen any for Duke Nukem 3D! :P
It's a really awesome game and it would be great if someone ported it to the Wii!!! :D
Currently, the best port for the PC is the OpenGL-based EDuke32 with Polymer renderer! ;)
You can check a demo video, right here! ;)
If someone's interested, the SVN source can be found here:
https://eduke32.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/eduke32
And even better, there's already a mod to be able to run it on the Mac's PowerPC CPU, right here! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 01:53PM by XICO2KX.
Re: Duke Nukem 3D Wii
August 25, 2010 09:45PM
No OpenGL for Wii homebrew. Sorry.
August 25, 2010 11:51PM
Oh, I didn't know that... :(
But I think the Linux version runs only over SDL! :P
Check here: [wiki.eduke32.com] ;)
Isn't there a SDL port for the Wii somewhere? ;)
August 26, 2010 01:45AM
best port for the PC? this was a pc game in the first place? why was it ported to a platform it already played on?
August 26, 2010 02:26AM
The original version was a DOS-only version. The recent ports work on Windows and introduce better graphics and new features! ;)
August 26, 2010 05:58PM
I'd have to support this. I read the features once before when someone else requested a Duke 3D port, and linked to the EDuke website myself. Anyways it would be cool to see this ported by someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 06:01PM by nightwishfan1.
August 26, 2010 09:10PM
If someone is interested in starting from scratch, the official source code of the game is available at the 3D Realms website! ;)
The original game engine is called Build engine! ;)
There's even a NintendoDS port of the game! lol :P
August 27, 2010 04:17PM
[gpf.dcemu.co.uk] NDS source code download contained in that link if someone cant initially find it on the above mentioned page.
August 28, 2010 08:30PM
While we're requesting games that used the build engine, i say somebody needs to do redneck rampage.
[code.google.com]
August 30, 2010 12:12PM
Isecond redneck rampage while we at it we need shadow warrior and blood sweeet!
August 31, 2010 01:38AM
Why are you two hijacking this thread for your own request?? If you want a port of Redneck Rampage then just make a separate thread for it instead of hijacking this or someone elses thread. In many forums thread hijacking isnt tolerated very well, cause it isnt very hard to create a new topic about something, and the hijackers subject matter spins a given topic into off-topic posting, troll posting, and sometimes even worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:39AM by nightwishfan1.
August 31, 2010 07:22PM
Arikado
Don't know if it is any good or not, but the people on the GL2GX project seems to have already begin to develop an OpenGL wrapper for GX! ;)
August 31, 2010 08:43PM
XICO2KX
Arikado
Don't know if it is any good or not, but the people on the GL2GX project seems to have already begin to develop an OpenGL wrapper for GX! ;)

Yes the GL2GX works well if you tinker with it. However GL is only used for speed, DukeNukem 3D is NOT 3D. I'm sure that this will be ported sometime soon. It's not a matter of if but when, remember most of the homebrew developers also work or go to school.
August 31, 2010 09:12PM
XICO2KX
Arikado
Yeah, I've worked with it myself actually. In short: It's really, really broken. scanff messed with the code and got some better results with it but as far as I know it's still a long way off from being usable enough to port what you're asking for.
December 03, 2010 12:56PM
Both Rancidmeat's Duke3d_w32 and icculus.org's Duke3D are pure SDL ports for this game...
And there is SDL Wii...
So... What's missing? ;)
December 03, 2010 10:09PM
XICO2KX
So... What's missing? ;)
That colors pisses coders off. Any someone who is willing to do this ofcourse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login