Clean Mii - Remove traces of homebrew
November 27, 2010 08:50AM
Well, it's finally happened again. My third wii has broken down, won't read games correctly anymore. I'd like to send it in, but wouldn't you know Old Man Nintenjenkins won't touch it if he see's the taint of the twiizers. I could format, but then I lose all of my save data for games like Brawl.

Looking around the web, there doesn't seem to be any app specifically for this purpose. Since we have an idea what nintendo is looking for and how they do it, should we be able to leverage that?

So what we would need is an app that checks for fakesigned tickets/TMDs, and(why not) deletes mentionings of the HBC in the play logs. Figure we leave Bootmii and HBC alone, delete those with the hackmii installer when you're done cleaning your wii.

Oh man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Probably going to brick my wii making it, but it's about time someone made this app.
Re: Clean Mii - Remove traces of homebrew
November 27, 2010 08:57AM
I've actually thought about this too. I'm not sure how feasible removing the HBC from play logs is (it only appears under certain circumstances anyways), but removing fake-signed titles (and probably replacing patched IOS and such) should be possible.
November 28, 2010 08:10PM
Wouldn't BootMii make this easier? If you could take a NAND dump and then copy it back after nintendones use their NESS powers and PK-FIX the wii? (brawl and earthbound joke...)

What I have been considering is a bulk-save export, where we could export every save file and then copy them back. I need to brush up on my documentation to see if this is even possible but I know that an app has been made to copy GC memory saves. Would it be possible to simply format and then copy everything back?

I know you would want to keep HBC so it might be contradicting to create an app like this, then the almighty nintendones apply the latest blocking update and you're not anywhere near HBC until a workaround appears...

Just my quarter...(I'm more generous than only the mere 2 cents ;)
November 29, 2010 09:16AM
Yeah, the problem is if Nintendo decided to change the Wii out or the board out, my nand backup would be useless. I'd prefer if Nintendo handled the full transfer of my data, just in case.

So far, I've created a program that runs through all titles and checks signatures for fakesigning, and in doing so I found out someone has broken into my house to play Final Fantasy Fables.
December 02, 2010 06:49PM
agoaj
So far, I've created a program that runs through all titles and checks signatures for fakesigning, and in doing so I found out someone has broken into my house to play Final Fantasy Fables.

I think that CleanMii would be a very good application to have for Homebrew. I would be grateful if you would let me help to code it, as I am a pretty good coder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login