Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3.2 auto-udate?

Posted by Halo_Killer 
3.2 auto-udate?
January 29, 2009 04:04AM
If you have a Wii on System Menu 3.2 and the standby connection turned on, will the Wii auto update when it's in standby mode?
Re: 3.2 auto-udate?
January 29, 2009 06:40AM
No.
There are some rumors, that 3.4 does that, but I think there is no proof, especially in the code.
January 29, 2009 04:01PM
Thank you
February 20, 2009 01:08AM
im on 3.4 and it doesnt auto update.
February 20, 2009 01:36AM
cl87
im on 3.4 and it doesnt auto update.
How do you know? What would it auto update to?
February 20, 2009 09:21PM
when i bought it it was 3.3 v1 i updated it through settings to see what its blocking, im just waiting for the next update to see whats the next attempt.

if they auto update then they can screw up a few wiis... e.g. what if they didnt get out all the bugs...

what i would like to do but i cant is use anytitle deleter to get rid of the dead ios's (i do believe there are a few of them).
3.2 auto-update
April 01, 2009 03:20PM
Are there options to chose that when it was stand by we don't want to update
and do 4.0 so
April 01, 2009 05:42PM
As of now, there is no update without user interaction.
April 07, 2009 02:11PM
daniel_c_w
As of now, there is no update without user interaction.

There is no 'auto update'. All updates must be user accepted. Thus when you hit ok to update, you accept the EULA. The user(you) MUST accept the EULA yourself, thus making you liable if you do anything to the Wii.
April 07, 2009 02:55PM
MiniMii
There is no 'auto update'. All updates must be user accepted. Thus when you hit ok to update, you accept the EULA. The user(you) MUST accept the EULA yourself, thus making you liable if you do anything to the Wii.

Was that just information or an argument? (for what?)

When you download an updtae, you have already accepted the EULA, because you did set up WiiConnect24 / Intenet connection.

If you update through a game, you did not accept any EULAs.

Anyway: what's the reason for bringing up the EULA in context of this thread?
April 07, 2009 09:09PM
If you update through a game, I know for Mario Tennis, it says if you do not want to update, hold the power button for 4 seconds. And that message keeps coming up till you actually update or you cant play the game.

And I brought up the EULA as an example that Nintendo can't auto update without your permission
April 07, 2009 09:27PM
So, was anything I said wrong?
I am still wondering why you quoted me in your first message.
April 13, 2009 08:36AM
There is no technical evidence that Nintendo has, plans to, or is even technically capable of performing auto-updates. Until someone can provide that evidence, there's no use in discussing the subject of auto-updates.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.