Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you need a simple hardware Wii NAND programmer, you may look at this beta

Posted by pcfree 
If you need a simple hardware Wii NAND programmer, you may look at this beta
June 12, 2009 11:44AM
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Pcfree/PCWnP

This is a simple and cheap PC/DOS parallel port based hardware Wii NAND programmer (beta). For those who have bricked Wii with old NAND dump, you may be interested in read the details.

Please note that I have my own DIY more complex and efficient NAND programmer, so I would not make the hardware by myself to try the programs. It is a request from a Chinese forum to develop this project. Someone will try it later. However, the major high level code are from my successful programmer and the hardware and software are not difficult to understand. It is also welcomed that any technical user to bugfix and enhance it.
Re: If you need a simple hardware Wii NAND programmer, you may look at this beta
June 26, 2009 03:51AM
[bbs.tvgame360.com.tw]
[bbs.tvgame360.com.tw]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 05:43AM by Juan.
Do you have a PCB image of your programmer?
Alby87

Thanks for your interested in this hardware programmer. It should be more stable to run it in a PCB. However, I know nothing about PCB layout software and cannot provide such PCB image for this programmer.

From the components connection description, it seems to be simple enough to DIY it by wiring and soldering without PCB. And if stability is a major concern, we have to wait someone who is familiar with PCB software to design a layout for it.
Re: If you need a simple hardware Wii NAND programmer, you may look at this beta
November 23, 2009 08:29AM
just a question for pcfree
are you going to make a wii nand programmer running on wii?

i made a pcb design for your wii nand programmer, the only problem i have is the 74LVC245 and 74LVC374
i'm on philippines and there is no one nor companies that sell this i.c.'s. if you have a spare maybe can i buy it to you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 08:39AM by wes11ph.
December 10, 2009 05:59PM
i belive farnell got those and it's even listed on their site, drop them a call and they got 2 variation one surface mount and the other is a DIP.

btw i'm also from the philippines and no luck on those 74LVC245 and 74LVC374, but i search in raon for it and found these SN74LS245N and DM74LS374 as replacement the salesman gave me. I checked both data sheet and both seem function the same (please correct me on this one)

and the other problem is i can't get it to work, don't know if it's the chip or my soldering on the NAND and also i've have problems about the Power VCC3/GND and the regular VCC/GND, don't know which is which do i have to make a seperate power supply on both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 09:45PM by ploydie.
January 05, 2012 05:32AM
Alby87
Send to me the schematic diagram , after some time , i will send to you the Sprint Layout 6.0 image of this programmer .
pcfree
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Pcfree/PCWnP

This is a simple and cheap PC/DOS parallel port based hardware Wii NAND programmer (beta). For those who have bricked Wii with old NAND dump, you may be interested in read the details.

Please note that I have my own DIY more complex and efficient NAND programmer, so I would not make the hardware by myself to try the programs. It is a request from a Chinese forum to develop this project. Someone will try it later. However, the major high level code are from my successful programmer and the hardware and software are not difficult to understand. It is also welcomed that any technical user to bugfix and enhance it.

Sorry for my bad english. I'am interesting for your diy advanced nand programmer. Can you send me a schematics and the software for the programmer ? I can make the PCB with eagle cad. Thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login