Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What exactly is a cIOS and will it replace my current IOS?

Posted by pimpsahoy 
What exactly is a cIOS and will it replace my current IOS?
November 17, 2008 02:43AM
I'm thinking of installing a cIOS to get the backup loader to work, but I need to know what a cIOS does.
Re: What exactly is a cIOS and will it replace my current IOS?
November 17, 2008 03:36AM
WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY HERE! GO AWAY!
November 17, 2008 03:41AM
icefire
I am aware of that; I never asked about how to use the backup loader; I asked what a cIOS is, and what it does. That does not relate to piracy.
November 17, 2008 08:33AM
pimpsahoy
icefire
I am aware of that; I never asked about how to use the backup loader; I asked what a cIOS is, and what it does. That does not relate to piracy.

it kinda does as that is the only reason to use it.
November 17, 2008 09:47AM
You can find a lot, and lot, and lot of info on the "backup cIOS" anywhere, but not here... But just to answer the second part of your question (so this topic will end): the cIOS installer downloads the IOS36 from Nintendo servers, patch it, and install it as IOS249. So it doesn't overwrite any existing IOS. But be aware: some IOS avaiable on that server has been changed by Nintendo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 09:49AM by DanielHueho.
November 17, 2008 11:02PM
There are real reasons to want a cIOS installed beyond piracy. I have one installed (patchmii), because in case my Wii gets updated by accident I may then still retain fakesigning capabilities. That way the update wouldn't kill the HBC for me. Even the IOS installer that let's you access the shop channel without updating is technically the same idea as installing a cIOS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2008 11:03PM by Arikado.
November 17, 2008 11:10PM
Arikado
There are real reasons to want a cIOS installed beyond piracy. I have one installed (patchmii), because in case my Wii gets updated by accident I may then still retain fakesigning capabilities. That way the update wouldn't kill the HBC for me. Even the IOS installer that let's you access the shop channel without updating is technically the same idea as installing a cIOS.
In which case, I need to know what it will do. etc.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.