Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSX setup help

Posted by punkydudester 
WiiSX setup help
October 15, 2010 12:02AM
I've read the readme about the WiiSX & found a BIOS & put it in the folder as directed & I put the game file in the folder as directed & it won't work. Why doesn't it just work like the Wii64? I put game files in the folders required for Wii64 & everything was good but a little buggy. Although I also love the Wii64 it still has sound issues & some graphics don't show up. I like the very neat menu as well. I'm stumped. I was super excited to get this working.
Re: WiiSX setup help
October 15, 2010 01:24AM
It would be wise, next time, that if you have similar problems between emulators, to enlist them all neatly in a single post, instead of opening several of them at once. Enumerate them, and people will most likely help you with what they know rather than going through all of your threads one by one.
Something like this:

1.- I'm having problem with x emulator regarding this and that, what gives?
2.- I'm also having problem with x stuff, similar to the last one, any help?
3.- Blah blah etc. etc.

I dunno if the mods or admins have a problem with my suggestion, but still feel free to delete my post if it's of any inconveniance. Anyways...

I couldn't make out what your problem with WiiSX was. Was the emulator not working at all, was it not loading any roms because it couldn't find them, was it unable to locate your BIOS? And what do you mean "it was buggy"?

WiiSX at the time is in beta stage. This means it's not nearly as polished as other emulators like say SNES9x GX, but it's still at some point functional enough to be capable of playing certain games at decent or near perfect state. It currently doesn't support ALL games, but there are several popular ones that do play correctly.

If you want to know which games are playing great, consult this list: [wiibrew.org]

Otherwise, if you're finding yourself troubled with a game, you can do some research and look for a possible workaround, IF it exists. Or just wait for the emulator to get updated eventually (they seem to release updates every 6 months, though it might've been a coincidence up 'till now).

Anyways, hope I helped.
October 15, 2010 05:33AM
First off I just want to say I value any help given so thanks. I didn't think wiibrew wanted multiple subjects in 1 catagory or mixing emulators. I was trying to be more organized is all. I'm also affraid to say any words like roms or whatever becuase wiibrew doesn't want a lot of things said on here. I'm trying to word my sentences in compiance. Bluntly, I googled for a BIOS for it then put it in the directed folder. I load a rom such as Spyro & it says it's loaded but it won't play it. I just get a black screen or freeze on the emulator. I haven't gotten any games to work for it. The list will help. But I also meant that the Wii64 was a little buggy. I do understand that it is still developing, I was just stating how mine is acting like some graphics missing on characters in Banjo Kazooi,( no eyes on Banjo & graphics flickering) or sounds off pitch or machine sounding. When playing like Zelda Majora's mask it pauses a lot during scenes. On the WiiSX I'm not sure if it's a bad bios but it matches the name of what they said it should be. Maybe my roms are bad I don't know. And what's the difference between ISOs & Roms? It refers to roms as ISOs. I didn't realize after looking at the list of games that so many have problems or don't play. It seems all my favorites are unplayable. Can I help in any way? My brother know C++ & many other computer programs. Maybe he can help too. I just want what everyone else wants, playable games & great working emulators we can all be proud of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 05:38AM by punkydudester.
October 15, 2010 05:53AM
My response wasn't meant to be like a scolding or anything. Mine was simply an advice. You're free to follow it or not. I'm not even an admin, or a mod for that matter. But it seemed a bit annoying to find three consecutive really short threads by the same author in a small ammount of time. That's irrelevant now.

You can mention ISOs and ROMs, so long as you don't go asking about where to obtain them. That is, unless they're Wii ISOs, for example, which are still available. Don't ask about Wii backups and the like.

You're problem might be related to a bad rom and/or ISO. Regarding your N64 roms, which version of those roms are you using? It's advisable you use only known GOOD dumps. Several sites offer them for download with their quality anexed in the file name. You should look only for [!] roms, if available. Also, on a side note, don't expect any games made by Rare to work right now. I've personally tested all the games you've tried out, and I've gotten the same results. Just wait until the emulator is polished alot more

Regarding PS ISOs, if you have the original discs, try ripping those yourself instead. I've heard about other people having problems with ISOs downloaded off the net, and sometimes by downloading it again from a different site you'll get different results. Though, check the compatibility list first. I know that one isn't the most complete one available, and I'd suggest you check out other user's feedback on any particular game by googling it yourself instead.. but if you find out your game doesn't work right now, it won't work until the next update, or even further down the road.

If you want to help out, go and visit [emulatemii.com] I dunno if those guys have a way for you to contact them, but it's a start.

Sorry for sounding severe, and I hope I helped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 05:57AM by Magil.
October 16, 2010 08:42AM
No worries. It sucks though, all my favorites don't work yet other than bandicoot. How would I copy my own? I do have all the original official games. It would just be great using a cordless controller. I've heard there is an Xbox mod. Is Team Tweezers the ones who did that too?
October 16, 2010 10:18PM
I wouldn't know much about what's going on the Xbox scene, nor if any or all of the members of Team Tweezers are involved (I think they aren't, but anyone is free to correct me).
If you own the games, there are several programs available online to assist you. I didn't look that far when I went looking for a program, and I basically... ehem... just downloaded the first one I saw -__-;; Heh. The one I'm using is called UltraISO, a program designed to rip any CD and instantly making an ISO.
Though I've seen similar options integrated with popular CD burning software, like Nero and the like. Only thing is that they might end up outputting in a format other than ISO (Nero, for example, outputs in a file format *.nrg, which I think is not compatible with WiiSX). Also, the rip itself might not be the best quality if the CD you're attempting to rip is heavily scratched or really dirty. Anyways, you can try looking for on google using keywords like "CD ISO ripping free software" and the like. Just be careful where and what you download. ALWAYS do a background check before using any software. I don't take any responsibility if your PC becomes self-aware and launches an attack on all humanity if it was infected by a virus.

Hope I helped.
October 16, 2010 10:46PM
Team Twiizers only do Wii stuff (as a team), but I don't believe any of them have anything to do with Xbox
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login