Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii System Full Factory Settings Reset - Will this wipe all traces of HBC and any other illegal files?

Posted by pinkyroader 
Hello members

So I'm a Wii lover and a HBC lover too, but I'm scared of the potentail bricking that may happen with future updates to the Wii via Connect24, to this end I have just bought another Wii console for the sole reason of running the HBC and the emulators. What I would like to know is if I wipe my original Wii's system memory will

a) all traces of any illegal/non Nintendo software be wiped and
b) Can I back up all my official Virtual Console, Wii Channels and Miis to SD card and reinstate them back on the Wii after the hard reset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
pinkyroader
Hello members

So I'm a Wii lover and a HBC lover too, but I'm scared of the potentail bricking that may happen with future updates to the Wii via Connect24, to this end I have just bought another Wii console for the sole reason of running the HBC and the emulators.
LOL. There is no potential of this happening.

pinkyroader
b) Can I back up all my official Virtual Console, Wii Channels and Miis to SD card and reinstate them back on the Wii after the hard reset?
No.
Im not your financial advisor, but why on earth did you buy a new wii just for homebrew, when it probably has 4.0 and cant install it in the first place. But as for your first question, as far as i know, no. Deleting HBC through system reset or strait deletion leaves a ticket on your wii.
AnyTitle Deleter can delete the HBC/other channels and IOS/cIOS
And after deleting the ticket there may be other traces, like the message board history.

So if you want to be 100 % sure and/or are paranoid, you should delete the ticket, and then use the formatter.
Why don't you just use your new one for original stuff, and the one with homebrew on it for homebrew?
Or is it because you want to keep all your purchased wiiware/ virtual console games etc?
I may be misunderstanding this but it seems as though people believe that if you format your system memory you lose access to any VC/WiiWare you installed legitimately. This is not true. I upgraded to 4.0u with all of my homebrew installed and then formatted my system memory. As long as you don't erase your Shop Channel account you won't lose anything. After the format all of the legit games I had on my SD card still transfer over and play fine. I can also still access the Shop Channel and re-download any games I've purchased and deleted.

Note* Please don't ask why I ended up having to format in the first place...I'm stupid...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 04:23AM by 0ld8oy.
I did all that...And I sent my Wi to nintendo to get fixed ( Lasser Problem )

And they said it had illegal stuff on it. I Formatted and everything...

Was it the Ticket thingy???
you probably had cios. although i doubt they said illegal. more likely unauthorized. anyway cios isn't removed by formatting.
Everything you'll find at Wiibrew.org is 100% legal. Just use AnyTitleDeleter to delete all the "bad stuff" if you really want to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 10:07PM by Matoking.
Matoking
Everything you'll find at Wiibrew.org is 100% legal. Just use AnyTitleDeleter to delete all the "bad stuff" if you really want to.

What cios should I have deleted???
wiihackerz101
Matoking

Whatever you'd installed.
just turn wiiconnect 24 off
carty
just turn wiiconnect 24 off
why?
You are a victim of Nintendo's new policy, they refuse to service Wiis with any homebrew.
WaxyPumpkin72
wiihackerz101
Matoking

Whatever you'd installed.

I don't know which ones I installed...Sorry if I am bothering you but I am just a noob..
I'm not completely positive if this will help, but try launching Dop-IOS MOD and installing all IOSs unpatched.
wii is completly bricked I think can I install the original factory settings it bricked after I followed the instructions to delete the iso 's 222,202,223,249.250, which they instructed me to do for the 4.3u version to install homebrew
health screen comes on then when you press A its say's files are corrupted ,so how do I reset to factory settings so I can use it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2011 10:15PM by dungnmatr.
Deleting those IOSes wouldn't change anything about the system menu. Try reinstalling the system menu and IOS80 with DOP-Mii
HOLY S**T not only did it reset to 4.1 but it corrected the Wii and brought back all the stuff I had on before Wii bricked also Gamma Can't thank you enough go here to fix your wii
[[i]Removed[/i]]

Links to illegal files --bg4545

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2011 02:04AM by bg4545.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.