Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to use WiiSCU

Posted by headfirst4halos 
How to use WiiSCU
October 11, 2009 05:10AM
Ok i have a new problem
my brother wants some virtual console games for his birthday but we can't use the shop channel because we haven't updated the Wii
I've been reading through the wiki and i found that WiiSCU can fix the problem but
How exactly am i supposed to use it?
all i know is that i have to run it through the homebrew channel but i don't know what comes later

can someone give me a step by step guide in how to use wiiscu to update the shop channel?

I have
system menu 4.1
homebrew channel 1.0.6
Bootmii beta 4 as boot2

thanks in advance
Re: How to use WiiSCU
October 11, 2009 05:29AM
Run WiiSCU, and then install IOS61 and the shop channel. Once its done, your shop channel should be up to date.

When you select install, I think it asks you if you want + or - trucha....It doesn't matter either way.
October 11, 2009 11:27AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Run WiiSCU, and then install IOS61 and the shop channel. Once its done, your shop channel should be up to date.

When you select install, I think it asks you if you want + or - trucha....It doesn't matter either way.
aditionally, run dop-IOS MOD and install IOS 70. I have read that the Wii Shop checks for that.

P.S. don't update to 4.2
October 11, 2009 07:20PM
ok
let's see if i understand

First i have to run WiiSCU and install IOS 61 and The Shop Channel then i have to Run dop-IOS MOD and install IOS 70
right?

And:

WaxyPumpkin72

What is that thing of +/- Trucha?
October 11, 2009 07:22PM
Yes, and when you choose to install IOS 61, it'll ask if you want + or - Trucha. I don't think + works on menus above 3.3v2, so it you'll have to use - Trucha
October 11, 2009 07:27PM
+ works - but Id advise against it...
October 11, 2009 07:30PM
Arikado
I thought to PATCH Trucha into an IOS you needed to be RUNNING a Trucha bugged IOS - Patched IOS need to be fakesigned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 07:31PM by metroid_maniac.
October 11, 2009 08:54PM
Then,
when WiiSCU asks me if i want +/- Trucha I have to select - right?
October 11, 2009 08:54PM
Yes, that is correct.
October 11, 2009 09:01PM
Ok
Thanks everyone for the quick answers
I'll try this thing later today or tomorrow (it depends of how much homework i have to do XD)
October 11, 2009 11:09PM
metroid_maniac
Arikado
I thought to PATCH Trucha into an IOS you needed to be RUNNING a Trucha bugged IOS - Patched IOS need to be fakesigned.
The IOS running in the background is only used to install content. Unless you happen to know the private key, the IOS you're running better have the trucha bug in it.

And for the record, patching IOSs is simply a matter of rearranging the bytes in downloaded IOSs before they are installed.
October 12, 2009 01:49AM
metroid_maniac
WaxyPumpkin72

aditionally, run dop-IOS MOD and install IOS 70. I have read that the Wii Shop checks for that.

P.S. don't update to 4.2

the shop channel doesnt check for IOS 70 i updated mine without installing IOS 70 and it works and im on 4.0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login