Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Data DVD'S never read

Posted by Seeds 
Data DVD'S never read
August 17, 2010 07:09AM
DVDX didn't work (wanted to work for wii64), and neither does habrot (or whatever it's called). For any Data DVD. Weird thing is WIIMC can read my regular DVD video DVD's. I get, "Unreconized DVD format".
EDIT: I got this wii on Day 1 launch, never had anything fixed or replace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 07:27AM by Seeds.
Re: Data DVD'S never read
August 17, 2010 02:10PM
Someone on here can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe DVDx itself isn't a DVD player, but allows other homebrew applications to read DVDs as a DVD player would. So, for example, WiiMC will read your DVDs but the Disc Channel on your Wii will not.

For future reference, DVDx is no longer needed if you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel. Check out the DVDx wiki page for more information.
August 17, 2010 06:48PM
What type of disc are you using? DVD-R is the only type that works consistently.
August 24, 2010 01:32AM
I know DVDX isn't supported by some applications anymore, but the new thing WiiMC uses, isn't reading either.(Unless it's a retail DVD VIDEO DVD). I am using DVD-R (memorex), I get the same errors with the rest of Tantric's apps. I had run my own gamecube backups once with DVDX and my regular sized DVD-R's, yet no other DVDX apps would work; specifically WII64... So I know my DVD's are readable at least gamecube Disc speed (Is it any different?). Would it be possible to run the disc's at that same speed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login