Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i accindetally my whole wii!

Posted by jakqkiln 
i accindetally my whole wii!
March 15, 2009 11:25AM
here is the deal, in a small sentence, i messed up my Wii with a downgrade... in other words, i failed to hack my Wii and half bricked it...(i think)
here is what i did:
i installed the home brew channel, everything working perfectly, then i sort of realized that i needed a 3.2 version to work with the .wads so i could install games. well, long time passes, then today, i was like, hey, let me finish that.
so i googled how to downgrade, and i found a video in you tube:
[www.youtube.com]
(w^3dotyoutubedotcom/watch?v=tUiHK4-LNlA&feature=related)
i followed this steps right until the end of the third video, where this guy shows the version 3.2.
well, at the end of my "downstalation," after mi wii got restarted, it turned black and white, and the screen is moving continuously down (like a TV with a bad antenna). right after this, i tried to re upgrade with the home brew channel, but i could not see what i upgrade it to since the screen was, and still is, going crazy, but i was able to see that is was a 3.4 version, i think, anyways, i let it sit there till it was done, then it restarted again, but nothing changed, the same problems, messed up screen and black and white screen. after this I'm like, i don't know what to do, so i decide to format my wii, i mean it always works with my laptop whenever i get viruses that i can't get rid of. so i manage to get trough the menus and get to the format screen and format my Wii :)
Are the problems fixed? well, no...
i still have the same problems, black and white, messed up screen, and now i decide to see if the games work, and they don't.
so now I'm stuck with a black and white wii, with a messed up screen, and i can't even start any games, not that i wanted to play like this.
so now I'm like, uhm... let me update it see if with the update it gets fixed right? well, after a hard time i manage to set up my wireless internet and update it, and i noticed something, a 3.4E... so i guess i accidentally changed to an E when i tried to update with the home brew channel...
so now i have no home brew channel so i can't change it to U, and i still don't know why my screen is like that, nor why everything is black and white...
and yes, i have checked the plug ins of the cables, they are plugged in correctly, and the TV is working fine as well.
any suggestions?
and also, anyone know it the SAVEMII would fix my problem?
I'd appreciate any help, anything , please.
thank you.
Re: i accindetally my whole wii!
March 15, 2009 11:36AM
me again, also i would like to know, if i purchase the savemii, considering it would fix my wii, will that 3.2U disc come with it, or some soth of disk.
also, i would like to add that at this point i would like to have my wii back, i really don't care about hacking it anymore, I'd just like my regular wii back, i mean isn't it enough that i already lost all my data?! (crys)
March 15, 2009 01:18PM
This is why youtube sucks. This is why the downgrader sucks. Also Im pretty sure no one is going to help you since all you wanted originally was to install illegal wads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 01:25PM by Arikado.
March 15, 2009 07:06PM
If I got this right, I'd say you downgraded to 3.2E and the Wii's TV signal changed to PAL and the display is wrong on an NTSC TV. Since you upgraded to 3.4E, your stuck there until 3.5U comes on a game disc and you use savemii.
(you shouldn't do these things unless you are sure your doing it right)
March 15, 2009 09:53PM
Arikdo:
i know, i was planing on doing that, and now i am sorry for it, i swear that i will never do anything like this again, is not worth it, i mean now i have a Wii that doesn't work and all spring break ahead of me. i don't know what i will do with my spring break now. thank you for your reply.

bg4545:if there is a chance of fixing it, I'm willing to try it, and after a lot of research on this, i learned that in fact, what you say is the only way of fixing it. thank you for your reply.
anyone know where i can see what version come in which games?
like lets say that 3.4U was on Mario galaxy or something like that.
March 15, 2009 10:51PM
3.5 hasn't been released yet, so you'll have to wait for it to be released on a new game.
March 16, 2009 08:59PM
To get the picture back, you'll want to check the display settings and see if you can do NTSC or maybe PAL60.
Since you've switched the region to PAL, you should be able to boot up a European version of Twilight Princess to reinstall the Homebrew channel and try changing your region again. That'll probably cost about 40-50 bucks, but you'll be able to get your Wii back to normal sooner than waiting for 3.5
March 17, 2009 01:06AM
and since is E, the only game that will load will be E right?
if i get a game for the wii that has 3.5U, it will install it in my wii? i mean since i already change it to E, will i be able to change it to U once i get a game with 3.5?
i can bearly see anythign with my screen like this, even if i manage to get a twilight E i don't think i would be able to install HBC on it :|
March 17, 2009 01:44AM
If you wait for 3.5U, you would put in the disc and use SaveMii to auto update to 3.5U from the disc.
March 17, 2009 01:59PM
but a 3.5 game disc won't be out for a long time, since there isn't a 3.5 firmware out besides in Korea...
March 18, 2009 09:16PM
I read some where that Mario Tennis has 3.5 hidden on it and 'supposedly' has something to do with the MotionPlus adapter(still confirming, and if thats true then MotionPlus games would require 3.5 to use??) .

But from what I've read some people are reporting when you stick the game in and start it up, its says you need to update, even if your running 3.4. And some not... Might just be an IOS update...

So my guess is that when the Motion Plus adapter comes out MT will be compatible with it.
March 18, 2009 11:42PM
I know tons of people who semi-brick their consoles, and I end up fixing it for them. My last resort is the AnyRegion Changer, as dangerous as it is it does its job.

Of course, most of these people are software pirates, so they really don't deserve the fix....

I normally see this problem when PAL output goes to an NTSC screen.

EDIT: And so far 3.5 is only in Korea, supposedly their first update to get it around the state of the 3.4 for the other regions.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 11:43PM by OboeNerd.
March 19, 2009 12:08AM
I don't think AnyRegion Changer works on 3.4
March 19, 2009 12:27AM
Yes, you're right that AnyRegion cannot downgrade to 3.2, thanks to the PatchMii block, but it still can alter certain region settings such as the region of the DVD Drive, the system language and others. At least that's what I recall from using it last time.

I believe the setting that would help fix this is the Console Video Mode, that is if I understand the situation properly.
March 19, 2009 01:51AM
Anyregion Changer doesnt work on 3.4 at all. Period.
March 19, 2009 02:08AM
Really? I seem to be screwing around with myself. Then again, I normally downgrade the console to get Starfall working before I swap the region anyways.

The downgrade process probably screwed up somewhere in the middle, giving you those problems, I suggest you downgrade again using something other than youtube - that way you have a proper written reference instead of a cheap video made in someone's basement.
March 19, 2009 04:33AM
He can't run any homebrew because he doesn't have the HBC and he can't do the Twilight Hack because his Wii only reads PAL games...
March 19, 2009 02:17PM
Ah, I gotta read posts before speaking. I'm so sorry about that.

An import PAL version is all I can really think of right now, modding the console and running the NTSC hack on a PAL console would probably end up in a full brick.
March 21, 2009 03:01PM
Arikado
Anyregion Changer doesnt work on 3.4 at all. Period.
I thought you could use some IOS downgrader thing then it would work?

Or is that not allowed? >.>;
March 21, 2009 03:22PM
IOS Downgrader and Any Region Changer are two completely different beasts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login