Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My applications do not show up in the Homebrew Channel

Posted by aboblyndsae 
My applications do not show up in the Homebrew Channel
May 27, 2009 01:24AM
Hi, I just installed Homebrew Channel and BootMii via bannerbomb. I have two applications (SNES9x GX and MPlayer) on my SD card where they should be (the application folders are in the apps folder), yet neither are showing up in the Homebrew Channel menu. Any idea what's going wrong here?
Re: My applications do not show up in the Homebrew Channel
May 27, 2009 01:26AM
You're probably using an SDHC. Right now the homebrew channel doesn't support these kinds of SD cards, but it will be fixed rather soon I'd imagine. If you really can't wait, just get a 2 GB regular SD card; they're rather cheap.
May 27, 2009 01:32AM
Ahh, OK. I didn't know that.

My follow-up question would be, in preparing another SD card to use for the already installed Homebrew Channel, do I need anything else on it other than the apps?

I hate the BootMii startup menu (why no wiimote support?), and wouldn't have installed that to begin with had I known it wasn't mandatory, and I hope there's some way of getting rid of it or getting that startup menu to go away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 01:33AM by aboblyndsae.
May 27, 2009 01:36AM
So long as you have Bootmii, you might as well keep it and use it to make a NAND backup with that SDHC card you have there. Also, you can go into the settings.ini file inside the bootmii folder and change it so that it immediately loads the Wii Menu or the HBC. When doing this make sure you 'uncomment' the single line that will auto boot.

For the regular SD card, just copy the Apps folder and the bootmii folder if you want to use Bootmii.
May 27, 2009 01:44AM
aboblyndsae
My follow-up question would be, in preparing another SD card to use for the already installed Homebrew Channel, do I need anything else on it other than the apps?
Nope

aboblyndsae
I hate the BootMii startup menu (why no wiimote support?),
It's early in the boot process so the Wii remote hasn't started. (You can use a gamecube controller)

aboblyndsae
and wouldn't have installed that to begin with had I known it wasn't mandatory, and I hope there's some way of getting rid of it or getting that startup menu to go away.
There will be a way to uninstall in future releases.

EDIT: typing too fast...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 01:45AM by bg4545.
May 27, 2009 02:16AM
aboblyndsae
I hate the BootMii startup menu (why no wiimote support?), and wouldn't have installed that to begin with had I known it wasn't mandatory, and I hope there's some way of getting rid of it or getting that startup menu to go away.
Just to set the record straight, the Wii's architecture prevents us from enabling the wiimote at boot2. You can use a gamecube controller or the power and reset buttons on the Wii instead though. Also, the bootmii menu wont pop up if your SD card isn't inserted in your Wii. Or, you can get rid of the BootMii files from your SD card and then BootMIi won't pop up at all. (But seriously, if you do that, at least back them up on your PC).

Lastly, since you don't know very much about BootMii, I wanted to point out that it's NAND Backup/Restore features will allow you to fix your Wii should it ever become bricked (AKA damaged by running homebrew software).
May 27, 2009 02:24AM
Arikado
Just to set the record straight, the Wii's architecture prevents us from enabling the wiimote at boot2

My favourite question: Why?
Does bootmii not run on the power-pc side?
May 27, 2009 02:36AM
daniel_c_w
Arikado
Just to set the record straight, the Wii's architecture prevents us from enabling the wiimote at boot2

My favourite question: Why?
Does bootmii not run on the power-pc side?
Bushing made a post calling me out on an incorrect statement I made regarding this issue and explaining the architectural limitation as to why we can't have Wiimote support at that stage in the game (so to speak). I'll quote it here if I can find it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login