Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

configuring bootmii & GC games

Posted by metroid_maniac 
configuring bootmii & GC games
June 01, 2009 05:37PM
Right I need to know how to configure bootmii with an autoboot to sys menu with a timeout of 2 secs and:

Does Bootmii boot2 work with GC games?
If not, can you make it work soon, as in one of the next releases?
I have the 3.3v1 BC and MIOS, can you make a downgrader or somthing like that to Pre-3.3 versions?
Re: configuring bootmii & GC games
June 02, 2009 09:56PM
Bootmii doesn't load a disk, but I suppose it may in the future; for right now it only handles loading HBC, Wii System Menu, or the BootMii Backup program.

We all have some version of MIOS, what about it do you want to change? Is it just that you want to downgrade (just out of curiosity as downgrades are not supported).
June 02, 2009 10:15PM
Kage52124
Is it just that you want to downgrade (just out of curiosity as downgrades are not supported).
More like a "certain downgrader" infamous with bricking wiis in an attempt to enable warez is not supported here.
June 02, 2009 10:18PM
No, I mean when sysmenu sees GC game and loads it it goes:
Menu -> BC -> Boot2 -> MIOS (BC changes Clock speed, Boot2 detects it)
I have a new BC which rejects fakesigned Boot2's (it came with 3.3v1)
I want pre 3.3 BC

Also, the autoboot is EVIL! please can you give me a ready-made settings file (just in a code box) for AUTOBOOT=SYS MENU and TIMEOUT=2. pretty please?

(sorry for being unclear)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 10:21PM by metroid_maniac.
June 02, 2009 11:05PM
Try booting a GameCube game and come back.
June 03, 2009 08:37AM
OK then. I only have backed up ones so I'll go out and buy the cheapest I can find!
June 03, 2009 08:47AM
metroid_maniac
OK then. I only have backed up ones so I'll go out and buy the cheapest I can find!
That's not good...
June 03, 2009 09:02AM
metroid_maniac

You know, without the originals, they are not backups.
June 03, 2009 01:05PM
Well, then no wonder you're having problems!
June 03, 2009 01:14PM
No, all my GC games are scratched so I am using my modded Gamecube to play them currently. I am going to buy them again when I know that I will be able to play them on my wii with bootmii as boot2.
June 03, 2009 03:23PM
I'm lost, whats the point of this topic again? What are we trying to figure out here? Even the topic contradicts what your posts have said :S
June 03, 2009 04:59PM
RIGHT:
The Autoboot on Bootmii is evil! olease explain to me how to do it!
AND
I want to know if Bootmii/boot2 interfiers with loading GC games (please confirm)
AND
The BC that came with 3.3 rejects fakesigned Boot2's since it goes:
Sysmenu -> BC -> Boot2 -> MIOS
I want the older version of BC so it doesn't reject a fakesigned Boot2 (Bootmii)
June 03, 2009 07:07PM
1) go into the bootmii.ini settings file and uncomment the autoboot=*** line (it's commented at the start of the line with a #), making whatever it says there to say autoboot=sys (I think, the instructions are inside the file too.
2) No it shouldn't
3) I know nothing of BC, but I don't know if that pathway is right...

EDIT: more details

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 07:08PM by Kage52124.
June 03, 2009 07:11PM
1) thx, will try now
2 & 3) source: here. I think Bushing is right!

Edit: 1) when preparing SD for Beta2, it skipped settings file. Yay! fixed now after deleting settings file then prepping SD again
Edit2: changed ___ to here and changed edit no.1 (confusing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 09:19PM by metroid_maniac.
June 03, 2009 07:11PM
metroid_maniac
The BC that came with 3.3 rejects fakesigned Boot2's since it goes:
Sysmenu -> BC -> Boot2 -> MIOS
I want the older version of BC so it doesn't reject a fakesigned Boot2 (Bootmii)
Wrong. Its the new boot1 not BC that rejects "fakesigned boot2s". Also, AFAIK, it goes:
Boot2 -> BC -> IOS ->System Menu -> MIOS (if called upon by gamecube mode starting)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 07:11PM by Arikado.
June 03, 2009 08:19PM
I KNOW! I WANT TO PLAY GCN GAMES BUT SINCE I HAVE THE BC WITH THE FAKESIGN FIX IT WILL NOT LOAD BOOTMII/BOOT2!!!
Boot0 ->Boot1 -> Boot2 -> Sysmenu & IOS -> BC ->Boot2 -> MIOS
________________________^^^^^^^________^^^ This changes clock speed, which Boot2 detects and loads MIOS
__________________________When you go on the Disc channel (built in to the sys menu) and load a GC game, it loads BC

see here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 08:24PM by metroid_maniac.
June 03, 2009 08:47PM
Ah. You're right :)
June 03, 2009 08:50PM
RIGHT THEN NOW TO TURN CAPS LOCK OFF! yay!
Hey, this is the second time i've corrected you innit? nevermind. I am going to use NUS downloader or try using trucha signer on my MK wii disc to get a older version of BC. that still doesn't solve the other problem though...
Anyone with Bootmii/Boot2 and GC games please try to play one!

Edit: installed old BC v2

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 09:26PM by metroid_maniac.
June 03, 2009 10:20PM
I have BootMii as boot2 and I can confirm being able to play RE3. I'll note that I have v4 of MIOS though, so it may or may not affect what you're trying to diagnose.

Can you use AnyTitle deleter to delete your current BS and then use that same disk and just pop it in? Would that allow you to put the old version back on?
June 04, 2009 09:23AM
Great. Just tried autoboot timeout, STILL DOESN'T WORK! Does it have something to do with the fact Bootmii's only installed as IOS?
Oh, and MIOS shouldn't affect anything, as it's after Boot2. I think I have MIOS v5. I think that your method of downgrading BC might work as well. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Cheers!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 09:29AM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login