Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there an app to organize your channels?

Posted by gamerjosh 
Is there an app to organize your channels?
June 27, 2009 01:55PM
I wish that I could reorder the channels on my main system menu. I've got a bunch of gaps where old apps used to be, and other apps stuck on the second page. If there was such an app, I could have all my icons on the same page. I know this may not be a major feature for a lot of folks, but I would love it. Is there a way it can be done?
Re: Is there an app to organize your channels?
June 27, 2009 02:32PM
1. Point at a channel
2. Hold A & B
3. Enjoy.
June 27, 2009 05:41PM
hehe, youd didn't know you could do that? lol.
June 27, 2009 07:48PM
Also, if you want to move the disc channel, reboot with the gecko os hook "remove copy flags". Then when it reboots, you can use the same technique (hold B+A) on the disc channel! :D
June 27, 2009 10:05PM
OMG, I had no idea that was possible as a built in feature of the system menu. I am very happy now.
June 27, 2009 10:06PM
how would i reboot with a gecko os hook? and what is that?
June 27, 2009 10:13PM
Gecko OS is an application that you can run through the homebrew channel. Get the app, run it, and go to rebooter options. Select yes on "remove copy flags" and then go back and use the reboot function. This won't work unless you're on 3.3v1 or below.
June 27, 2009 10:16PM
What about creating a new channel for a homebrew app? I'd love to give media player ce it's own channel.
June 27, 2009 10:18PM
There isn't a legal way to do that. If you want to do something illegal, though, just google it. Illegal things aren't supported here. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 11:39PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 10:21PM
WaxyPumpkin72
There isn't a legal way to do that. If you want to do something illegal, though, just google it. Supposedly, illegal things aren't supported here. :P

Why would it be legal to install media player on HBC but not as a channel?
June 27, 2009 10:24PM
Because to install it as a channel, illegal banner code is used.
June 27, 2009 10:35PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Because to install it as a channel, illegal banner code is used.

Well that sucks. Is there a way to do it without illegal code? I googled this already but found nothing. I guess my google skills are lacking.
June 27, 2009 10:36PM
No, there isn't. Sorry. I know it stinks, but its illegal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 11:42PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 27, 2009 11:29PM
There are theoretically ways, the HBC banner was made legally using legal code, but I believe it is very very difficult to do as there are no/few tools to do so. (Benzin perhaps?) But anyway, unless you have a lot of programming and hacking knowledge, it's out of the question to legally create a channel.
June 28, 2009 02:34AM
SifJar
But anyway, unless you have a lot of programming and hacking knowledge, it's out of the question to legally create a channel.

Alas I do not have that type of knowledge.
June 28, 2009 05:51PM
what about wadder?
June 28, 2009 05:57PM
WADder is illegal as of recently.
June 28, 2009 06:17PM
well, it was always illegal, just it was temporarily thought to be legal. it always actually had copyrighted code in it.
but theoretically you could build a custom channel manually using benzin and comex's nand loader, but i know of no tools available to build it into a wad. so you'd have to work that bit out, then probably you'd be best to create your own installer rather than a wad manager, seeing as how they're associated with warez. so really its not worth the effort for saving two seconds booting HBC. especially when you consider with preloader or bootmii you can autoboot HBC and get homebrew running faster than if you booted system menu and loaded a channel. and if you have preloader, you can use crazy intro, which lets you press A to get to system menu and B to get to HBC, so you can access either instantly. These options are better than custom channels, because they're faster and also legal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login