Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with downloading apps

Posted by daod 
Help with downloading apps
September 20, 2009 09:53PM
I downloaded Homebrew on my wii but i cant get any of the apps to work. Whenever i load one of them errors keep coming up like "unable to auto-determine load method" and "error opening"

Please Help
Re: Help with downloading apps
September 20, 2009 11:32PM
Can you explain a little further? You are misusing some terms (or leaving them open to self-interpretation) and that's exactly what we don't need when trying to solve problems.

What I mean is: with "downloaded homebrew on my wii" doesn't seem obvious to me. You could be misusing the term download to talk about installing the homebrew channel, you could be correctly using the term referring to using the homebrew browser to dowload homebrew applications (which I doubt because homebrew browser is an application itself and you state you cannot load any of 'em) or you could be talking about putting apps in your sd card (misusing terms again). That unobviousness is what makes me doubt about everything you are doing so I end with absolutely nothing (guess how much I can help).

I know these whole thing about installing Homebrew channel in your wii can get you worried about bricking it out and you may feel a little bit safer by asking questions to other people but 2-lines-statements with such lack of information is not the proper way of asking for help.

Read this and the "For Even More Help" links at the bottom of it. If that doesn't help you and/or you feel like to get a little bit more information from others come back and explain yourself deeper (which loading method you are using, which USB/SD you are using and how you put applications in it, etc).

Just in case you took this the wrong way, the whole post is intended to be a bunch of advices that will help you everywhere you go to ask help (and will help the ones who are supposed to help you). There's people here (including me) who will be very glad to help you if we can but you need to take us in consideration too. Sorry if I'm being extremist.

Hope you find your answers,
Aruskano
September 20, 2009 11:56PM
sorry i didn't explain myself enough. im a little frustrated and wasn't thinking to well.

I installed the homebrew Chanel on my wii, and that works fine. My problem is that when i put the apps on my sd car(pny sdhc 8GB) from my computer and put it into my wii the apps come up, but when i try to use the app errors keep coming up.
for example i load the Snes9xGX from the homebrew channel on my wii, and it goes to the choose game screen. after that errors pop up saying "unable to auto-determine load method" "error opening/" "Games directory is inaccessible on selected load device" i looked on FAQ and couldn't find anything to help me.

I do appreciate any advice you could give me =)
September 20, 2009 11:59PM
Do you have any games to load?

Also, is the little switch on the side of your SD card switched to "on" or "off"?
September 21, 2009 12:09AM
i feel a little stupid right now =/

I have the emulator but i guess i dont have any games. where do i go online to get the games and also where do i put the games on the sd card. i assumed that the games would come with the emulator.

and the sd card is not locked.

thanks again =)
September 21, 2009 12:26AM
Um, we can't give you the links to the games, seeing as they're illegal. As for setting everything up, have you tried reading the readme? If you don't understand it, you can come here and ask. But you may as well see if you can figure it out, but if you can't, then feel free to ask! :D
September 21, 2009 12:35AM
So that was the problem! Nice to see you found the answer and sorry again if I act extremist. =)
You can also read about the set up here.

Have a fun,
Aruskano
September 21, 2009 12:54AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Um, we can't give you the links to the games, seeing as they're illegal. As for setting everything up, have you tried reading the readme? If you don't understand it, you can come here and ask. But you may as well see if you can figure it out, but if you can't, then feel free to ask! :D

@daod: Did you try this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login