Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hacking processed freezing on warning screen! Please help if you can!

Posted by filo22 
Hacking processed freezing on warning screen! Please help if you can!
September 22, 2009 06:50AM
Hi Guys,
I am a noob to hacking the Wii but thought I’d give it a go after reading up on the hacking process. I found information on using bannerbomb and Hackmii for my specific firmware. I used the following tutorial as my guide Guide Removed

Wii Version
My Wii is version 4.0E.

The initial problem
I followed all the instructions on the tutorial and managed to install the Homebrew Channel. As I continued the installation, I received a ticketing error (ref - 2011) and decided to go back to the beginning (wii menu) and start the process start again, hoping I could back track and rectify the error. I uninstalled the Homebrew channel and DivX in the process. This may have been my demise!
Using the same 2gig SD card and files, I began trying to reinstall the Homebrew Channel. I went to retrace my steps and began at the wii menu – data management – channels – SD card and it loads up “Load boot.dol/elf” screen and I clicked YES. It then goes to the black screen that warns that if you paid for the software, you have been scammed. I wait for it to say “Press 1” button but the prompt never comes, even after minutes of waiting.

Where my main problem lies:
I get to the black screen that warns that if you paid for the software, you have been scammed. I wait for it to prompt me to “press 1” but the prompt never comes, even after minutes of waiting.

Things I’ve tried:
• Downloading other versions of the zip including aad20_v108.zip, aad22_v108.zip, aad1e_v108.zip, aad26_v108.zip + may others
• Putting the above firmware onto another 2gig (non SDHC) SD Card (Formatted as FAT32 and FAT)
• Formatting the wii
Possible solutions:
• Could I use the Zelda hack?
• Downgrade firmware to 3.2 or 3.2?
• Other solution?
Thank you in advance for all your help I really appreciate it. I hope I have listed my problem in enough detail.

Regards,
Danny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 05:38PM by Arikado.
Re: Hacking processed freezing on warning screen! Please help if you can!
September 22, 2009 06:55AM
No, you can't use the zelda hack because you're on 4.0
Downgrading.....No, just no. That wouldn't even help, and you wouldn't even be able to.

Try waiting a little longer? :P
Is your wiimote on when you reach that screen, or do the little lights go out?
September 22, 2009 02:58PM
You are using something that's considered a "fail-guide" around these parts, as the installation is actually more complicated then doing it by the "official method" and as far as I see it involves using WADs, which include Nintendo's code, making it illegal.

I wonder where people get ideas to use guides like that.

Use this one instead :
[wiibrew.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 03:06PM by Matoking.
September 22, 2009 06:55PM
Surprisingly, after downloading that folder (and then deleting it :P), I found the only illegal thing in there was the "wad" folder. Everything else looked fine.
September 27, 2009 07:47AM
Hi WaxyPumpkin72
thanks for your help so far. The lights on the remote go out when I click "install IOS35. What does this mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login