Hacking processed freezing on warning screen! Please help if you can!
September 22, 2009 06:50AM
Hi Guys,
I am a noob to hacking the Wii but thought I’d give it a go after reading up on the hacking process. I found information on using bannerbomb and Hackmii for my specific firmware. I used the following tutorial as my guide Guide Removed

Wii Version
My Wii is version 4.0E.

The initial problem
I followed all the instructions on the tutorial and managed to install the Homebrew Channel. As I continued the installation, I received a ticketing error (ref - 2011) and decided to go back to the beginning (wii menu) and start the process start again, hoping I could back track and rectify the error. I uninstalled the Homebrew channel and DivX in the process. This may have been my demise!
Using the same 2gig SD card and files, I began trying to reinstall the Homebrew Channel. I went to retrace my steps and began at the wii menu – data management – channels – SD card and it loads up “Load boot.dol/elf” screen and I clicked YES. It then goes to the black screen that warns that if you paid for the software, you have been scammed. I wait for it to say “Press 1” button but the prompt never comes, even after minutes of waiting.

Where my main problem lies:
I get to the black screen that warns that if you paid for the software, you have been scammed. I wait for it to prompt me to “press 1” but the prompt never comes, even after minutes of waiting.

Things I’ve tried:
• Downloading other versions of the zip including aad20_v108.zip, aad22_v108.zip, aad1e_v108.zip, aad26_v108.zip + may others
• Putting the above firmware onto another 2gig (non SDHC) SD Card (Formatted as FAT32 and FAT)
• Formatting the wii
Possible solutions:
• Could I use the Zelda hack?
• Downgrade firmware to 3.2 or 3.2?
• Other solution?
Thank you in advance for all your help I really appreciate it. I hope I have listed my problem in enough detail.

Regards,
Danny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 05:38PM by Arikado.
Re: Hacking processed freezing on warning screen! Please help if you can!
September 22, 2009 06:55AM
No, you can't use the zelda hack because you're on 4.0
Downgrading.....No, just no. That wouldn't even help, and you wouldn't even be able to.

Try waiting a little longer? :P
Is your wiimote on when you reach that screen, or do the little lights go out?
September 22, 2009 02:58PM
You are using something that's considered a "fail-guide" around these parts, as the installation is actually more complicated then doing it by the "official method" and as far as I see it involves using WADs, which include Nintendo's code, making it illegal.

I wonder where people get ideas to use guides like that.

Use this one instead :
[wiibrew.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 03:06PM by Matoking.
September 22, 2009 06:55PM
Surprisingly, after downloading that folder (and then deleting it :P), I found the only illegal thing in there was the "wad" folder. Everything else looked fine.
September 27, 2009 07:47AM
Hi WaxyPumpkin72
thanks for your help so far. The lights on the remote go out when I click "install IOS35. What does this mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login