Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HackMii won´t install

Posted by m_peden 
Re: HackMii won´t install
October 28, 2009 11:56PM
Are you sure you have to delete the old one first?
October 29, 2009 12:01AM
SifJar
I'm pretty sure if you try to overwrite the current IOS by installing one over it, bad things happen. But I'm not sure....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2009 12:02AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
October 29, 2009 03:48AM
WaxyPumpkin72
SifJar
I'm pretty sure if you try to overwrite the current IOS by installing one over it, bad things happen. But I'm not sure....

I am not going to say everything is perfect for me, but I didn't delete IOS30. I just installed over it and was able to get HBC back on. I have several games that ask for a NUS update and I still can't get to the shopping channel, but I don't use it anyway
November 03, 2009 08:08AM
hey man I have the same issue update to 4.2U and lost everything
then when going in hackmii i get with V0.2-V0.6
HackMii installer v0.6
This installer can NOT continue!
There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons.
Look for updated version at:
[bootmii.org]
If this is already the latest version...well,suck it.

then you said:

1. Load AnyTitle Deleter through bannerbomb, and delete IOS30.

2. Then, load Dop-IOS MOD and reinstall the latest version of IOS30.

3. Load HackMii, and it should work!

can you explain to me more and detail like where to get anytitle and how to load it true bannerbomb and then where to get Dop-IOS and how to load it and how to reinstall IOS30?

and worst of all by doing this is there a high risk of my bricking my wii ???
November 03, 2009 08:17PM
You can get both tools on the WiiBrew wiki at wiibrew.org

To run either with bannerbomb, rename/delete the boot.elf file on the root of your SD card from HackMii Installer, then move the boot.dol from the tool you are running (ATD or dop-IOS MOD) to the root. Then run bannerbomb.
November 03, 2009 11:55PM
and where those AnyTitle Deleter run with this ???
and do i rename or delete the boot .elf and if I rename it i rename it to what ??? could you be more specific plz ???
November 17, 2009 05:45PM
Hello

So, I had 4.1e wiht all good stuffs (dvdx, hbc...). Then I update with waninkoko's 4.2 updater. The HBC was upside down, so i remove it in Data Management . That was a big mistake... Then i update from Nintendo Server to 4.2E, and try to run Hackmii installer, but get an error. Just after that read i this topic...

So, I deleted the IOS30 whit anyTitleDeleter, but cant run Dop-IOS MOD whit Bannerbomb. When I try to start it, the wii froze and get a black screen.

My error log:

Error Code Lookup

Related Topics
Wireless Router Help - Wii
Wireless Router Help - DS
Repair Information

Repair Order FAQ
Warranty Info
System Troubleshooting/Repair
Part Order Information

Part Order FAQ
Online Store
Where to Buy Parts
* Manuals
* Online Store
* Info for Parents
* Master Games List
* Tech Support Forums

My log file:
HackMii v0.6 installer starting up
PVR = 00087103
running under IOS 36 rev 0xd17
110 titles are installed
Found IOS 223: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 222: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 57: revision: 0x161d*
Found IOS 56: revision: 0x151d*
Found IOS 70: revision: 0x1a1f*
Found IOS 202: revision: 0x2*
Found IOS 254: revision: 0x104.
Found IOS 61: revision: 0x151d*
Found IOS 51: revision: 0x1300.
Found IOS 50: revision: 0x1400.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x300.
Found IOS 60: revision: 0x1900*
Found IOS 250: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 53: revision: 0x151e*
Found IOS 38: revision: 0xf1b*
Found IOS 16: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 249: revision: 0xff00.
Found IOS 55: revision: 0x151e*
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xd17*
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x60e*
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x40d*
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x208*
Found IOS 37: revision: 0xf1d*
Found IOS 35: revision: 0xd15*
Found IOS 34: revision: 0xd14*
Found IOS 33: revision: 0xc13*
Found IOS 31: revision: 0xd15*
Found IOS 20: revision: 0x100.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x307*
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x30e*
Found IOS 13: revision: 0x111*
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x10d*
Found IOS 11: revision: 0x100.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x20b*
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x1e2.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x30a*
Found IOS 4: revision: 0xff00.
IOS versions: Installer: 0, HBC: 0, DVDX: 0
got no usable IOS for the installer
starting preparationspreparations done!This installer can NOT continue!

There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use a fakesigned IOS due to
security reasons.

Look for an updated version at:
http://bootmii.org

If this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

sorry, for my poor english, and please help me, how to run Dop-IOS MOD (v8).

Thank you a LOT!

Edit:
After I wrote this, try to load DOP IOS MOD v6, and it start! But I can't select IOS30 (remember, i delete it whit any title deleter) Why? How to instal ios 30(v1040)
November 17, 2009 07:10PM
Does anyone ever read anything? You need to select ANOTHER IOS to RUN on, then select to INSTALL IOS30. Choose IOS36 to run on, then install IOS30.
November 17, 2009 07:41PM
SifJar
Yes, i read everytime before ask a question, but don't understand everytime everything.
Now, i know what need i do... Thank you

I should to understand this post:
Arikado
No, no, no...

There are two parts two Dop-IOS MOD:

1)Loading an IOS: In order to install IOSs, you must load an IOS that will be used to install other IOSs. You must select an IOS that has the trucha bug. If you select one that doesn't, the program may freeze forcing you to unplug your Wii. According to your installer log, selecting IOS 249 for this part should work.

2)Installing IOSs: Once you have loaded an IOS, you can now install other IOSs. Choose to install IOS 30 v1040.

Thank you and Arikado !
November 17, 2009 10:31PM
hi guys,very new to wii and pc..infact just bought a wii and interested in the hack thingy so i could play old games and watch movies,i know you dont condone burnt or "back ups" but yes i was interested in that too. my prob is i downloaded some files i saw on youtube blackbuster critic wiihack 7 mins. i got it ,done the step by step guide,put homebrew channel on,then noticed backup launcher didnt work so i got rid of everything thinking it might have a virus.then i just went to bannerbomb got there version1 along with hackmii installer,rar'd it,put on sd,went to channels,sd card but i have a box with ? in the middle and ??? underneath it.......can anyone give me a clue,very stuck :(
November 17, 2009 10:37PM
1) No, we do NOT support illegally playing games. Please refer to the big red lettering on the main page of our forum.

2) Delete everything you downloaded. Youtube videos are infamous for coming with outdated and in some cases illegal files which NEVER work.

3) If you are interested in installing Wii homebrew, I would like to refer you to our wiki: [wiibrew.org] Everything you could ever need to know is on there. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask and we will all be more than happy to help you.
wii help,very new to this
November 17, 2009 10:53PM
yeah i have deleted everything and slapped my hand for doing something wrong ;),but what does the homebrew do? does it let you play the old games without illegal download?,as i said very new and the wiki is far to elabrate for me.they shud do a dummy's dummie guide to wii
November 17, 2009 11:15PM
What do you mean what does it do?

It allows you run homemade ("homebrew") code on your Wii. All of the programs available to run are listed here: [wiibrew.org]
Re: wii help,very new to this
November 17, 2009 11:27PM
thanks for the link,tried to dl bannerbomb and hackmii to my sd card still same thing channel box has a ? in and ??? underneath :(.totllay stuck now i think
November 17, 2009 11:31PM
Sure you didnt get v2? What System Menu do you have?
November 17, 2009 11:50PM
no it was v1,i have version 4.0e but system menu idk as i just reboxed it away from the kids as its there xmas present,will be on 2moro morning if your about i can look then thanks again friend :)
November 18, 2009 05:04PM
Hi.

Thanks, it's work!

Now, i have an another problem. After deleting ios30 and installing ios30v1040 with dop ios mod v8, hackmii installer work, and everything are installed (bootmii, dvdx and hbc)

My SV is 4.2E, but if I put in Rabbits Go Home (original disc), it want to update. If I start update, it's update my wii (I thing it instal just IOS30, because , it update very fast), and hackmii installer doesn't work agin. So I delete it whit ATD, and instal with dop iso mod agin....

Now, I have installed everything, but all HB freeze. When I try to start a HB app, get a black screen and wiimote power off.

What need I do to fix is? Maybe with trucha bug restorer?
THX

Edit: I try to start cIOS38 rev15 and it started, but wiimote powered off, and cant recconect :S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 05:26PM by Dareeo.
November 18, 2009 05:50PM
xdiamondgeezax
no it was v1,i have version 4.0e but system menu idk as i just reboxed it away from the kids as its there xmas present,will be on 2moro morning if your about i can look then thanks again friend :)

So...your System Menu is 4.0E. Why did you say you didnt know if you clearly do?

Anyway, sure you went to Data Management>Channels>SD, and didnt open the SD card menu?
November 18, 2009 06:01PM
hi sifjar... i have now found out its a 4.2e,so i went to another forum and got the details to install it.now i cant load bootmii or homebrew but dvdx is fine.can you help?
November 18, 2009 07:41PM
What do you mean? Did you run HackMii Installer via bannerbomb or not?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login